Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Not yet.

edit: mixed reviews re beta, however awaiting official release very very soon *edit2: ref post #53.........new beta works gr8!

.......sent via .::CyanogenModdedM920::.......
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 1

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the voicemail nag message? I keep getting the pending voicemail gray message popping up, it's getting rather annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    One inquiry though, the ICS doesn't offer swype?
    Sign up for and download the beta. I use a stock ICS themed version of the newest beta and it works fine for me and matches perfectly. I don't have the link handy atm but I'll update this post once I find it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

I have Groove IP installed also. However, I just discovered the regular dialer doesn't work anymore. I get an error msg "Error 16, switch 286". Anyone know what that is?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeinzu View Post
    Sign up for and download the beta. I use a stock ICS themed version of the newest beta and it works fine for me and matches perfectly. I don't have the link handy atm but I'll update this post once I find it.

Thanks for this update Zeinzu...........I had not had good luck w/ the recent beta (on CM9) + had even removed the ICS keyboard.apk on my 2nd go-round, so am glad to see your good results posted here as a positive sign ............will grab a fresh download + give this another shot.........hopefully, the promised new version will make its appearance very soon! *edit = new beta v3.26.92.37604 now on board...........appears to be completely synced w/ CM9, working gr8 updating previous post to reflect this edit.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!

Quote Originally Posted by rockets95 View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the voicemail nag message? I keep getting the pending voicemail gray message popping up, it's getting rather annoying.
    Go into your app manager and clear the data on "phone"

Won't be permanent but is the only way atm

There's also this thread over at XDA.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Latest news from Epic CM team blog: Coming soon in CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G

Also includes a few common mistakes people do in CM9.
    Thanked by 2:
    funktron2x likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
    Latest news from Epic CM team blog: Coming soon in CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G

Also includes a few common mistakes people do in CM9.
    Hummmm: your update, a bright light for sore eyes, lol!.............to mention one example: have been shooting 70 second 'test' clips using stock kernel at 720p, (+ additionally, all of the 3rd party kernels that are currently available,) but still get video tearing + some off-sync..........so am stoked that Alpha2 will address video, not to mention all of the other good things presented in the Alpha 2 update................Thank You so much for this + for all of the good work that you do on the CM Epic Team!

(*Fix restore of gapps during CM9 upgrades, so you do not need to reflash gapps-ics anymore)
    GitHub detail entry 02/06/12

Thanked by:

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Amazingly beautifu rom. Everything works perfect. I haven't had any issues since installation a few days ago. I even tried the GPS yesterday. It works correctly.

The only thing I can't find is the Task Manager (assuming it's gone forever), which would've given a little longer battery life.

Amazingly beautifu rom. Everything works perfect. I haven't had any issues since installation a few days ago. I even tried the GPS yesterday. It works correctly.

The only thing I can't find is the Task Manager (assuming it's gone forever), which would've given a little longer battery life.
    I agree! This is a very sexy rom! Battery life could be a little better but its not that bad. I'm sure it will improve as updated builds come from the devs.

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I agree! This is a very sexy rom! Battery life could be a little better but its not that bad. I'm sure it will improve as updated builds come from the devs.
    I know if you hold down the Home button it brings up a list of recent apps. It is almost like the cards idea from Palm and HP's WebOS. When the recent apps load up just swipe away the apps you dont want open and they should close (assuming it performs in the same way as WebOS "card idea").

I dont know if this is similar to the task manager of previous android versions. Because, I do not know if this is truly closing apps.
    Tweakerer

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACS ICS Epic / CM7 Nook

I haven't been this excited for a new ROM build yet. ICS on Epic is far more than I ever thought I'd get from Sammy/Sprint.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G released

Epic CM Team Blog: CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G released
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Default Re: CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G released

Quote Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
    Thanks for the heads up warren, ...........updating OP, + looking forward to the continued fluidity of CM9 you guys ROCK!

Edit: new kernel is King!........as a sorta trial gesture, had dl'd Chrome Beta, right prior to Alpha-2, and it's colors are shining right onto the other side of this update........+ navigating all of my 1st round tests swimmingly around this new build...........jolly good, say I!!!

*edit: no flash on Chrome beta, hummmm, how to push motion graphics onto Alpha-2 w/out flash?.............ICS! (working this 1 out )

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

I installed alpha2 and I'm still having issues with auto-rotation working properly. I have the two system settings checked properly. I also have the notification toggle set and it still won't auto rotate properly. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

After installing Alpha2 I get an annoying error msg popping up every few seconds "Unfortunately (some chinese or korean word) stopped working". Maybe the chinese or korean word was trying to tell me that the keypad stopped working because that was the only thing that wasn't working.

Since it was too annoying I went back to Alpha1, awaiting input from others.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

After installing Alpha2 I get an annoying error msg popping up every few seconds "Unfortunately (some chinese or korean word) stopped working". Maybe the chinese or korean word was trying to tell me that the keypad stopped working because that was the only thing that wasn't working.

Since it was too annoying I went back to Alpha1, awaiting input from others.
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings => Language & input and make sure that "Language" is set to English and also the "Default" under Keyboard & Input Methods is set to English. This should fix the problem.

Both were set to Japanese when I first flashed Alpha 2.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Thanx, that's what I'll do Ed.

Was the toggle 4G(WiMax) in the notification bar fixed or not?? I freakin LOVE this rom!! Glad to hear that they fixed the distorted phone calls too.

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Was the toggle 4G(WiMax) in the notification bar fixed or not?? I freakin LOVE this rom!! Glad to hear that they fixed the distorted phone calls too.
    Yes, GrooveRite, it was fixed. And, you don't need to re-flash the gsapps anymore anytime you update the CM.

Does anyone have 2 gallery apps in their app drawer?

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

I had two galleries, deleted the Gallery2.apk with Root Explorer from the /system/app. Left the GoogleGallery.apk

now I only have the one working Gallery.
    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.

Sounds like a mistake in the GAPPs package... They forgot to remove the Galley2.apk when it installed the GoogleGallery.apk
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

ok.......alpha-2, after 24 hours:

4G from toggle: Chk
    Audio on calls: Chk
    Low memory fix (battery life is better): Chk
    Manual brightness from setting slider: Chk
    1 min 50 sec Video w/out tearing/100% AV Sync: Chk
    Gapps update (no need to re-flash): Since I have yet to re-flash..........will have to wait + see

Otherwise, have had a very steady ride on alpha-2 so far........details, to follow in coming days.

Google Gallery is actually the older one. You deleted the one from the newer gapps.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast