Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Quote Originally Posted by adlebo View Post
    How do I get the "Voicemail" app back from sprint like I used to have with stock? I would like to see and hear my voicemails without calling my phone number.
    Use google voice, just don't integrate with your Sprint number and only set it up for voicemails. Also there are additional setting you can only access via pc online. Through those you can disable text and email notifications for your voicemail, then it basically functions exactly like Sprint VVM does. The Sprint VVM isn't compatible with ICS as there is no stock ICS build for any Sprint phones... yet. Maybe soon someone can port it from the Galaxy Nexus but you'll still be stuck getting the 9016 text notifications for voicemails.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Default Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 1

Is anyone having any issues with wifi tether. It was working fine on alpha 1 but as I progressed to alpha 2 and 3 it has failed to work once.

Not sure what else to do but post here to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I also created this thread, but thought i might as well post here since it is related to CM9 ICS for Epic 4g.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-alpha-ii.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by WesR6 View Post
    Deffinatly install related. Not sure why, or how. I went from alpha 2 to alpha 3. Cleared cache and delvik 4x each but for some reason it lost the text to speach. Wiped everything and installed latest gapps with alpha 3 and now it's back. Thanks for the input.

Wes
    Just to clarify: w/ cyanogenMod, the clearing of cache + dalvik more than once is pretty much extracurricular (but can't hurt).........technically, the 'wiping x3' is intended to mean: one wipe apiece for cache, dalvik + then finally a full data wipe by doing a factory reset (full wipe)...........a clean install, in other words...............when updating CM9 alphas, unless otherwise noted, a single wipe (cache / dalvik) prior to your update flash should be plenty, + data will migrate w/ each install........after alpha2, no need to flash gapps (unless you want additional goodies, such as picasa that comes w/ alpha3 gapps version for example.)

Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

How do I get the "Voicemail" app back from sprint like I used to have with stock? I would like to see and hear my voicemails without calling my phone number.
    Voicemail app doesn't work on this. You can download PhoneFusion from the Market. It does the same thing but it's only free for 30 days. After that the cost is $1.99/month for unlimited messages.

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Also every time I install an app it automatically creates a shortcut on the homescreen. I cant find a setting to stop that.
    Open Market and click on Menu > Settings > uncheck "Audo-add widgets"

This should take care of the shortcuts adding to homescreen.

Default Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 2

Is alpha 3 daily driver worthy?

So far my experience with cm9 has been mostly positive. However video playback is not good. There are very noticeable lines running through the video as if you're watching on a broken tv. Also I miss swype. (Does someone have a link where I can download the ICS beta?) Also I realized that when browsing and scrolling on the web , it takes a second till it becomes in focus, especially when in zoom. I hope they address these issues with upcoming updates.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #108  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by rraman3110 View Post
    Is anyone having any issues with wifi tether. It was working fine on alpha 1 but as I progressed to alpha 2 and 3 it has failed to work once.

Not sure what else to do but post here to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I also created this thread, but thought i might as well post here since it is related to CM9 ICS for Epic 4g.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-alpha-ii.html
    CM9 stock kernel + wifi hotspot have provided a consistently good connection for me...........am in a 4G area so this helps.........w/ one of the custom kernels the signal konked out every 5 secs on alpha 2 (so hopefully the dev has worked this out for 3).........w/ bbelos' ShadowKernel (xda) I got great connection; you may want to try that out (comes w/ RNDIS linux wifi support) ..........however, to be honest, the stock hotspot has been the easiest to setup on my laptop + other devices, the fact it is failing all of your devices may indicate a problem w/ your epic setup.

Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

--February 16-- Am very pleased to see that a clean untouched TAR of EL30 Factory Firmware Image has been posted on the the Epic CM Update site (LINK ON OP: see Blog ARCHIVE Notes on right hand column for numerous links + mirrors)..................includes comprehensive notes on various ways to update firmware to EL30 --discussed at great length, as well, are ways to install EL30 modem only............this is a 'must-read' that everyone should link for future reference.
    Here's the LINK:
    http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/02/e...are-image.html

*edit: THIS is the EL30 tar that one may flash + immediately be on the most recent firmware that has been released officially for the Epic4G: no need to wipe back to stock EC05 then up the chain --EI22 thru EL30-- using delta modem-ONLY updates..............this is a one-shot tar file, and very useful for those wishing to flash to EL30 Stock in one shot.........if you do make it to the CM9 blog archive page, please express your thanks to Rodderick for sharing access to this tar

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    CM9 stock kernel + wifi hotspot have provided a consistently good connection for me...........am in a 4G area so this helps.........w/ one of the custom kernels the signal konked out every 5 secs on alpha 2 (so hopefully the dev has worked this out for 3).........w/ bbelos' ShadowKernel (xda) I got great connection; you may want to try that out (comes w/ RNDIS linux wifi support) ..........however, to be honest, the stock hotspot has been the easiest to setup on my laptop + other devices, the fact it is failing all of your devices may indicate a problem w/ your epic setup.

I agree with what you say. I do believe there is something wrong with my setup or the kernel I am running. I am going to look around for another kernel that may possibly help me with this issue. The setup is fine in my opinion, i checked everything and no problems on that end. I am just going to flash another kernel and hope for the best.

Do you guys think that MLB at bat will allow us to watch live games ( with subscription) on cm9? It worked for me last season on stock epic. I'm wondering if it will be supporting the epic with cm9. I'm a big baseball fan, so this is a big deal for me!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
    ALPHA4..............great fixes for the Holiday weekend!.......looking good Epic CM Team!!!!!

*edit: a particularly good update, this one........functionality +1.........highly encourage this update to everyone! Also a good time to grab a fresh Nandroid, once all of your apps + settings are in good order, as a good restore to fall back on from recovery, in the event that you wish to explore a theme or two + want to be able to return to pure CM9 stock if you should change your mind (hint: do not ever Nandroid anything that you have layed a theme on: the restore from recovery of a themed CM Nandroid will result in a bootloop..........remember, you can always restore a nandroid THEN flash a theme over IT).

Just when I was settling in with alpha 3.....*sigh*.....lol!
    Robbie Doo likes this.

I don't understand what restore backup data of system apps they are talking about?? Is that like my backed up info on google plus?!?....which by the way makes restoring so easy!! or is it some other backup app I'm unaware of??
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I don't understand what restore backup data of system apps they are talking about?? Is that like my backed up info on google plus?!?....which by the way makes restoring so easy!! or is it some other backup app I'm unaware of??
    CM9 saves the settings, so when you update CM9 versions, your apps settings transfer over to the next alpha (theoretically, once out of alpha, then beta, + finally RC to Official CM9, your system apps settings transfer along with you thru the entire test process).............I think your analogy of G+ is a good one, as ultimately your personal settings are stored in the cloud.

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Just when I was settling in with alpha 3.....*sigh*.....lol!
    Yeah, as if Alpha 3 wasn't beautiful enough, we got slapped with beautiful Alpha 4

Default Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 4

Hey folks -

Don't forget to follow the EpicCM team on Twitter @EpicCM!

Like what I do? Please donate to the cause!
    Do not PM me for support or bug reports.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    CM9 saves the settings, so when you update CM9 versions, your apps settings transfer over to the next alpha (theoretically, once out of alpha, then beta, + finally RC to Official CM9, your system apps settings transfer along with you thru the entire test process).............I think your analogy of G+ is a good one, as ultimately your personal settings are stored in the cloud.

Thanks for the break down! BTW, I realized that the CM9 backup settings isn't called google plus, lol! CM9 backup settings is AWESOME though!! Google+ sounds like a good idea but I'm a little wary of all the personal info it wants you to attach.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    Yeah, as if Alpha 3 wasn't beautiful enough, we got slapped with beautiful Alpha 4
    I'm loving this ROM and going through the whole process of perfecting it!

I've been noticing that once in awhile, Alpha 4 doesn't quite seem to read certain files like mp3s and others I have on my SD card. A reboot sometimes clears the problem but seems to come back after I haven't rebooted in awhile. Should I do a hard reset (take battery off and press power button for 10 sec) or is there another fix or is it just a bad install?? Also, sometimes when I reboot, I'm getting battery drain. I used to get that with Legendary ROM as well. Is that a problem with all ROMs or might it possibly be a bad/weak battery. I've had this battery since I first got my phone (10/10). Feel like I may have to pick up a new battery.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
    Do we need to wipe & factory reset 3x before installing this ROM if we were on Alpha3?

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Decided to make the jump from CM7 to CM9 the other day with Alpha 4 and I must say things are pretty damn great so far. It's sad to see the Epic run ICS so good yet Sprint & Samsung will never update the phone to it. Thanks to the @EpicCM team for all your hard work. I can only hope my next phone sees the same kind of support from wonderful people like you.

Sent from my CM9 Epic using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

I only did once of each.

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ShaLea View Post
    Do we need to wipe & factory reset 3x before installing this ROM if we were on Alpha3?
    I only did once of each.
    Thanked by:
    ShaLea 
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast