[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The reason why you get two galleries is the new ICS gapps package uses a newer one, or at least seperately named. The new alpha backs up your gapps so you no longer have to reflash them each update, so it's backing up your current gapps then adding the new. Again, gallery2 is the one that's included in the newer package, for anyone who wants to delete the old one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

...........excellent!..........(round three for valentine's eve, lol)...........will be posting clips of alpha-3 HD_video shortly, just to compare w/ recent tests (720p) which turned out pretty good actually...........Epic CM9 Team is on a roll: a zillion thank-you's guys!

Edit: for some reason, have had good results from ALL of k0nane's mirrors dating back to CM7-RCO (n'er a bad dl..............try #6 for alpha-3, hopefully still offering good bandwidth :) .........edit2: just to be clear, not saying you shouldn't use the other mirrors (plenty of 100% gr8 dl's also), only sharing my own personal experience using k0nane's mirrors).

Last edited:

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 1

Would anyone happen to have a EL30modem.zip file? I searched the threads & was unable to find it.

I only have the "modem_delta_EI22_to_EL30.zip" file and don't know if it will word since I'm on EL30.

thx.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Would anyone happen to have a EL30modem.zip file? I searched the threads & was unable to find it.

I only have the "modem_delta_EI22_to_EL30.zip" file and don't know if it will word since I'm on EL30.

thx.

I think the only way you can get the EL30 modem is by properly updating to official EL30 from stock unrooted EI22 then rooting.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I think the only way you can get the EL30 modem is by properly updating to official EL30 from stock unrooted EI22 then rooting.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk

Yes you need to flash CM9 and then immediately flash the GApps zip. CM9 will convert your system to MTD, it will use whatever modem you have installed at that time. Once you are on MTD you will have to use the workaround to boot a BML system from the SD card to change your modem. Folks have had success with both the EI22 and the EL30 modems. I am personally running EL30.

CM9 comes with a kernel as part of the flash. there is a Shadow OC kernel available over at XDA, however I would not even mess with that until we are out of the beta stages. This entire ROM is still Alpha, and the devs recommend that folks use the provided set-up.

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure that i had all of the needed files before attempting this upgrade & this was the only independent file that I had.
---------------------
I'm going to wipe. Flash the update. Flash the gapps.zip. and reboot. correct?

I am only going to flash the CWM BML if I want to change my modem from EL30 correct?

Last edited:

WesR6

Mar 6, 2011
www.wmriders.com

Anyone else have this problem? I'm on CM9 Alpha 3 and when I attempt to use my Blue Tooth for voice dialing I get a message "Unfortunately, Google Text-to-speech Engine has stopped." Being that I am a commercial driver this is a big thing for me since the new laws that started in January forbid me from interacting with a phone while driving.

I looked at the reported bugs on their website and did not see anything listed so I was wondering if maybe it was just my install and I should try again, But wanted to check here first before I went and did that only to find it wasn't the install.

Edit: I've now seen other people mention that the "Text-to-speech" is missing from the text message keyboard (also missing from mine) so I'm thinking this is something that was messed up during the latest alpha-3 update.

-Wes

Last edited:

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else have this problem? I'm on CM9 Alpha 3 and when I attempt to use my Blue Tooth for voice dialing I get a message "Unfortunately, Google Text-to-speech Engine has stopped." Being that I am a commercial driver this is a big thing for me since the new laws that started in January forbid me from interacting with a phone while driving.

I looked at the reported bugs on their website and did not see anything listed so I was wondering if maybe it was just my install and I should try again, But wanted to check here first before I went and did that only to find it wasn't the install.

Edit: I've now seen other people mention that the "Text-to-speech" is missing from the text message keyboard (also missing from mine) so I'm thinking this is something that was messed up during the latest alpha-3 update.

-Wes

Did you just install the Alpha 3 over the 2 without clearing the Davlik?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

BTW, I would suggest you back up everything, wipe everything (Davlik, data, etc.) and re-flash. See what happens?

WesR6

Mar 6, 2011
www.wmriders.com

Wipe delvik and cache 4x just to be sure before upgrading. Plain alpha 3, no ad dons.

Question for you, if you use the on screen keyboard for texting. Is the microphone icon visible or is it missing? If it isn't there then there's probbaly an issue with alpha 3.

Wes

ttriplett1

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Alpha 2 is much more stable than I would have guessed, can't wait for the RC!

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Wipe delvik and cache 4x just to be sure before upgrading. Plain alpha 3, no ad dons.

Question for you, if you use the on screen keyboard for texting. Is the microphone icon visible or is it missing? If it isn't there then there's probbaly an issue with alpha 3.

Wes

I was just wondering if you were updating from Alpha 1 or 2?
Yes, the microphone icon is there on the keypad.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if you were updating from Alpha 1 or 2?
Yes, the microphone icon is there on the keypad.

Ok.......do you mean magnifying glass icon on physical keyboard (lower right?)
Edit: nvm, not on ICS keyboard anymore since installing swype (soft keyboard;) Also, re-flashed alpha3 + new gapps ...........still no problems on CM9_alpha3, all is good.

Last edited:

Edfunkycold

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Alpha3 is out and there is absolutely no need to wipe cache or dalvik more than once. The three time wipe was a thing of the past when cmr or cwm as its more commonly referred to in these forums was first out and there really wasn't one for the epic it was ported from another device. With cwm5 there is no need to wipe more than once any of the cache's.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Alpha3 is out and there is absolutely no need to wipe cache or dalvik more than once. The three time wipe was a thing of the past when cmr or cwm as its more commonly referred to in these forums was first out and there really wasn't one for the epic it was ported from another device. With cwm5 there is no need to wipe more than once any of the cache's.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

I agree to a very large extent (absolutely no need to wipe more than once :) ), but would still go w/ the instructions on CM9 Install site when moving from CM7 over to CM9 to go for a full wipe prior to flashing + then to manually reinstall apps + settings to minimize fc's et cetera ..............THEN forego wiping data thereafter + flash future CM9 updates so long as your device is running soundly..............am remembering uberPinguin describing how cyanogenMod7-RCO automatically wipes cache + dalvik at point of install automatically........still, doesn't hurt either way: if the flash is a Fail, just re-dl the file check md5sum, then re-flash............anyone else here not wiping prior to flashing (meaning never ever?)

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

Just flashed cm9 (3) for the first time. I knew that I had to flash Gapps right after the update zip, however after flashing cm9 it rebooted by itself! So I took out the battery and went back to CWM and flashed Gapps. Hope I did it correctly...

WesR6

Mar 6, 2011
www.wmriders.com

Deffinatly install related. Not sure why, or how. I went from alpha 2 to alpha 3. Cleared cache and delvik 4x each but for some reason it lost the text to speach. Wiped everything and installed latest gapps with alpha 3 and now it's back. Thanks for the input.

Wes

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

How do I get the "Voicemail" app back from sprint like I used to have with stock? I would like to see and hear my voicemails without calling my phone number.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

Also every time I install an app it automatically creates a shortcut on the homescreen. I cant find a setting to stop that.