Samsung Epic 4G - EL30 and GPS Fix?

jsm1985

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a repeat post but I am brand new to this site and modifying my phone. I am looking for a fix for the GPS problems. I originally had EL22 update on my phone but I couldn't get GPS to work so I took it to Sprint and the put Froyo back on my phone. I saw that there was a new update with EL30, so I updated to EL22 first and then to EL30. I am still have trouble with the GPS. I have looked through the forums and it looks like there is a GPS fix, but I have no idea how to do it. Could anyone walk me through what I need to do or post a link where I can read something. I have never rooted my phone or modified it. Thanks for the help!

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
there is a fix found here: GPS FIX for Gingerbread leak - xda-developers

However you will need to be rooted and have ClockworkMod installed to flash the file. I have flashed it on several stock+rooted builds. works great every time. This file contains the GPSd file for the fascinate. It may not be compatible with all future updates(?), going from El22 to EL30 you had to remove this file and replace it with the old GPSd file, then reflash the GPSfix.zip. Reading the XDA thread will help, everything it outlined there.

here is info on how to root: How to Root and Clockworkmod the Samsung Epic 4G on EI22 EL30 Gingerbread - YouTube

here is how to go back to stock if you wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFazLOVXPns

Last edited:

jsm1985

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot!

It took me a while to figure everything out since it was my first time but it was actually pretty simple in the end. Thanks for the help. Maybe one day I'll try the new ICS mod you posted. Keep up the good work!