[ROM][CM9] CM9: v 9.0.0-RC0-EpicMTD-Kang

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdez

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is not the official CM9 thread, however consider this a one-time nightly CM9 build.

Use at your own risk!!!

There will be no support.

ro.build.date=Sat Feb 4 21:49:05 CST 2012

Retracting the ROM, not worth the time.

Last edited:

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
What is this and where did you get it? I see no sources for this post. I've heard and seen nothing about any updates since alpha1. I would advise users not to install this and wait for an official source linked directly from the official CM status site.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
CM is open source. He just took what has already been done and compiled a build. There are guys doing this for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and its great to see how CM9 is coming along before an official build is released.

I would stay away from this though because we don't want to encourage it at this point when we already have an official CM9 thread with official builds. This will just confuse n00bs.

chuckdez

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What is this and where did you get it? I see no sources for this post.
Do you need links to their source code or have you forgot how to search?
I've heard and seen nothing about any updates since alpha1.
This is a straight compile of the CM9 source code available.
I would advise users not to install this and wait for an official source linked directly from the official CM status site.
This is America and people love to provide free advice good or bad.....

I'm providing a compile with all the fixes to date.

chuckdez

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
CM is open source. He just took what has already been done and compiled a build. There are guys doing this for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and its great to see how CM9 is coming along before an official build is released.
Yep, I took what they have available and compiled it.

I would stay away from this though because we don't want to encourage it at this point when we already have an official CM9 thread with official builds. This will just confuse n00bs.
This for everyone that doesn't know how to compile the ICS CM9 code available.

I'm running this ROM and you are welcome to use it or not, its your choice. However, there is no support by me... I just compiled their source code and packaged it as is..

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Your a member with 3 posts, no background, posting a build of something that's not your work, with no source of "where you got it and how", and provided absolutely no info in your OP. People reading this be smart, you have reason to be concerned. Do not flash this if you have any intelligence or integrity. Wait for the official builds from the official source.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

chuckdez

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Your a member with 3 posts, no background,
I may not have any background here, the does not mean I no clue what I am doing.

posting a build of something that's not your work,
Everyone uses Cyanogenmod source all of the time and pat themselves on the back...

with no source of "where you got it and how", and provided absolutely no info in your OP.
Like I said its up to date build and posted, since there are no nightly builds being posted.

People reading this be smart, you have reason to be concerned. Do not flash this if you have any intelligence or integrity. Wait for the official builds from the official source.
He is correct everyone don't use it.... I have no idea who you are but BE SCARED like him, he who decides for all n00bs.

This exactly why I quit wasting my time with the open source community.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Relax everyone, OP is providing a build from CM9 source. I agree we aren't familiar with his name but that doesn't mean there is a problem there. Anyone with a computer & Linux can build a ROM from source these days. There are plenty of guides and tutorials available on how to do it.

If you feel uncomfortable then don't flash it, but lets not start a bad thread over someone sharing something they built from source off the CM9 repo.

@OP, I would recommend you at least list what key features are available just so the masses understand what your providing.

If things continue to deteriorate in the thread I will close it but at this point I see nothing wrong with someone sharing a personal compiled build from CM9 source.

Thanks everyone ;)

ipmsci

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Relax everyone, OP is providing a build from CM9 source. I agree we aren't familiar with his name but that doesn't mean there is a problem there. Anyone with a computer & Linux can build a ROM from source these days. There are plenty of guides and tutorials available on how to do it.

If you feel uncomfortable then don't flash it, but lets not start a bad thread over someone sharing something they built from source off the CM9 repo.

@OP, I would recommend you at least list what key features are available just so the masses understand what your providing.

If things continue to deteriorate in the thread I will close it but at this point I see nothing wrong with someone sharing a personal compiled build from CM9 source.

Thanks everyone ;)

Agreed. How about you flash and test it before assuming it is untrustworthy.

This ROM works fine, and does include a few changes, as listed on code review, but nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.