Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble getting from EC05 to EI22

Hello

I've searched existing threads and Can't find anyone having the exact issue I am having, but I'm sure someone must have. I used ODIN to go back EC05. EC05 would hang installing FS. I finally was able to install EC13 and then get EC05 over the air. But I am unable to update EI22. No matter what I do, either over the air or if I do a manual install from the SD card I get the error:
    assert failed; APPLY-PATCH.CHECK("/system/app/SamsungWidget.Stockclock.apk"..................
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation Aborted

I get this error from the downloaded or OTA EI22 update. If anyone can help, I would be ecstatic

ROM
    CM9

Default Re: Trouble getting from EC05 to EI22

If you Odin the modem only back to EC05, you should be able to flash EC22 in CWM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I don't have clockwork installed. My understanding was you needed to have EI22 to install clockwork. Sorry I'm kind of new to this phone
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Got it fixed. I used a different USB cable and was able to Odin to EC05. Got the OTA EI22 and went from there. The right USB cable can make all of the difference

+1 on the cable... I would say 90% of the time Odin troubles stem from a bad USB cable.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.