1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble getting from EC05 to EI22

Hello

I've searched existing threads and Can't find anyone having the exact issue I am having, but I'm sure someone must have. I used ODIN to go back EC05. EC05 would hang installing FS. I finally was able to install EC13 and then get EC05 over the air. But I am unable to update EI22. No matter what I do, either over the air or if I do a manual install from the SD card I get the error:
    assert failed; APPLY-PATCH.CHECK("/system/app/SamsungWidget.Stockclock.apk"..................
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation Aborted

I get this error from the downloaded or OTA EI22 update. If anyone can help, I would be ecstatic

ROM
    CM9

Default Re: Trouble getting from EC05 to EI22

If you Odin the modem only back to EC05, you should be able to flash EC22 in CWM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I don't have clockwork installed. My understanding was you needed to have EI22 to install clockwork. Sorry I'm kind of new to this phone
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Got it fixed. I used a different USB cable and was able to Odin to EC05. Got the OTA EI22 and went from there. The right USB cable can make all of the difference

+1 on the cable... I would say 90% of the time Odin troubles stem from a bad USB cable.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central