| || |
Re: i miss swype :(
I got the Swype beta to work! I am so much happier with Swype! I did have a couple of force closes, but did the whole thing over and so far it has worked. I used a guide that I found here.
To summarize it:
1) you need Root Explorer (pay or google for a free download), install it and give it Superuser rights
2) In Root Explorer, go to \system\app then press the button at the top that says [Mount R/W] which will change it to [Mount R/O]
3) Scroll down to Swype.apk, long press it and select Delete and then confim
4) the guide said to also delete Swype.odex the same way in that same location, but I didn't find it so skipped that step
5) In Root Explorer go to \system\lib and search (using magnifying glass hot key) for SWYPE.
6) Delete the folders it finds like you did before (mine had 2)
7) Reboot and then go Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All> Scroll down and see if Swype is there. If not, it is off the phone!
8) Install the Beta Swype that you downloaded following their directions.
Like I said, I had some trouble installing the new swype with mine saying I didn't have enough memory and then force closing, but I just rebooted and tried again and it worked fine.
UPDATE: I just did this on my wife's Epic. I followed my directions to make sure that they are complete. Every problem I had on my phone I had on hers. I just rebooted and tried again.