1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which keyboard fix for rooted EL30?

With EI22 stock, rooted and the replacement stock kernel with the recovery replacement fix and keyboard fix, the keyboard worked great on my Epic.

Since I updated to EL30 the keyboard is just as bad as it ever was with EC05 stock.

What keyboard fix do I need for EL30? I don't want anything changed but fixing the laggy keyboard.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Default Re: Which keyboard fix for rooted EL30?

Wierd, because the keyboard skip was fixed in EL30. I'm not running any additional fix since EL30 on either of our phones and we did have the skip on both EC05-EI22.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Could be hardware differences. Some people don't need any GPS fix either.

On mine I have to type slower like I did with EC05 or it'll miss letters, especially the second of double letters.

I have the same problem with key skips. They are happening again once I upgraded to EL30. It is unbearable. Any ideas anyone?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Still no fix for the horrible keyboard lag with EL30? I was just typing a comment on a yahoo news article and had to type very very slowly so it wouldn't skip half the letters.

Some searching of the web turns up a few other people with the Epic 4G with EL30 and a laggy keyboard, but no cures.

In addition to mine, Epics that two of my family members own also returned to keyboard lag with the EL30 update.