1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Default (Win XP Pro PC) Odin sees Epic 4G as a drive, but not in DL mode!

Ok, I was up till 5am this morning trying to figure this out. Odin, (or should I say my computer) will not recognize my Epic 4g when I plug it in while it's in Download mode. But, if I just plug it in without it being in download mode, Odin sees it and recognizes it. (something tells me not to try to run odin while my phone isn't in DL mode).
    I've tried 3 micro-usb cables, every single usb port or my computer and XP still says, "USB device not recognized...." What the hell am I missing?? Can anyone help?

Default Re: (Win XP Pro PC) Odin sees Epic 4G as a drive, but not in DL m

Try pulling your battery out of your device. Leave it out and connect your device via USB cable to your computer. Then place your device into Download Mode and see if Odin recognizes it then, if so go right ahead and run the Odin package and when its complete you can just pull the cable and pop your battery back in and reboot.

Also make sure you have anti virus scanners disabled, sometimes they can cause a port to be blocked.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Thanks Paul.

I tried what you recommended, but it didn't work. I wish I knew the exact driver file that my computer is looking for when I plug my Epic in in DL mode, and I'd direct the computer to that specific file. I have rooted a previous Epic 4G on my mac, but I can't seem to find the files i need to do it on my mac anymore. I just wanna be able to get this bloatware off my device but this is getting frustrating.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Im having the same issue. Windows says the device has malfunctioned or it says it was unable to install a driver for the devise.
    It says its searching for the driver to install for 'gadget serial' and then it fails.

No anti virus on my laptop or phone by the way.

ROM
    Stock Rooted FK09 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Casketman View Post
    Im having the same issue. Windows says the device has malfunctioned or it says it was unable to install a driver for the devise.
    It says its searching for the driver to install for 'gadget serial' and then it fails.

No anti virus on my laptop or phone by the way.
    Delete all drivers that are on your computer. Device Manager should have them somewhere when the device is plugged in. Then go back and reinstall the drivers from the samsung website. That is what i did in the past.