Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Insufficient storage available error

I know I'm arriving a little late to the party and I'm by no means a technical guru but my solution to the problem was installing and running 'app cache cleaner'. My problem started with Spotify updates, then Youtube, then another app and so on and on.............

I installed App Cache Cleaner from Google Play, ran it and voila, no more update problems.

Hope this helps but by all means, shoot me down in flames if I have over simplified an otherwise complex problem!!

I just had this error while updating whatsapp. What solved my problem for the time being is. I downloaded the .apk file of the latest version from 4shared and easily replaced my installed version with it and it works perfect.
    I hope this helps a few

P.S. i tried other methods except the factory reset and i dint wana create a partition.

You are the bomb! Ditto today for me, except I'm running JellyBean! You saved the day! And for those running CM 10.1, your custom rom COMES WITH a terminal emulator!! So easy... have a beer on me!

So, once again, we have Galaxy Tab2, rooted, and had tried Link2SD (which won't work, but CHANGES where the system USUALLY tries to download to).
    Terminal Emulator:
    $su
    #pm set-install-location 0

(this is "program manager set my system install location to internal sdcard (0)"...)
    And thanks again....

This worked on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 after unsuccessfully trying everything else. The error occurred because I had previously set my unrooted 10.1 to location 2 trying to get it to install apps to the SD card. I think it's at least ridiculous and nearly criminal to deny this option in the first place. How many hours wasted? How many people not buying for this reason? What does it gain?

Quote Originally Posted by fwuts View Post
    I had the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 2 (rooted). I think it happened after I tried Link2SD.
    Any way the solution was to download and enter "Terminal Emulator", execute 'su', execute "pm set-install-location 0". This sets it up as 'auto'. It was set to '2' (external).
    I believe the problem is that the GT2 has an internal 'SDCard' and an external "extSDCard" and there is some kind of confusion between them in the OS (4.1.1 Ice Creme Sandwich)

how will i be able to write these two lines codes in my blu dash 3.5 android phone. do i have to download any application that will allow me to write these codes?
    help.

I had the exact same issues but I found that I had used ROM toolbox to configure apps to SD and its not always supported by the apps you're trying to download. If you have done that before then that will be the issue I hope I helped aome .

u got any solution of insufficient storage available?? plz tell me the solution..

Thank you maaaan!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fwuts View Post
    I had the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 2 (rooted). I think it happened after I tried Link2SD.
    Any way the solution was to download and enter "Terminal Emulator", execute 'su', execute "pm set-install-location 0". This sets it up as 'auto'. It was set to '2' (external).
    I believe the problem is that the GT2 has an internal 'SDCard' and an external "extSDCard" and there is some kind of confusion between them in the OS (4.1.1 Ice Creme Sandwich)
    THANK YOU MAAAAAN!!!!! I just register to this forum to say that.

u need to check the size of your flash memory. on my device i have seen that it has 1 gig flash memory (for applications and data) if this flash memory is nearly full i get the error. i move some applications to sd card to free the flash memory which is on the phone. the devce can have plenty of space but if this flash memory is full you won't download. good luck
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123