Revert back to Stock Epic 4g

scorro1

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
All,

I was attempting to unroot my phone and revert back to stock so I can update to the new version of android released recently.

While using Odin, I by accident click on Re-partition which pretty much has complicated this process.

Right now I am looking for the original file (SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5) which I cannot find anywhere.

I am currently residing in the USA and cannot use any of those fileupload sites because they are not available here.

Does anyone have a link to that file that would be a reasonable download speed? My rapidshare connection is taking 2 hours alone!

Thanks in advance,
Emory

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the original file your looking for and it was shared at one point via Multiupload which is no longer available.

Problem is all the free file sharing services have it limited to a 200 meg upload limit which the original file Odin tar file is 255 meg.

But never fear.... As I have always done for my fellow Epic 4g users in the past, I have once again come through for you....

Give me a few minutes and it will be uploaded to a new file server for you ;)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
*OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-FC09-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 - xda-developers

Official non rooted.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

This... is the thread I was thinking of. Everything you need is there.

I'm actually running the pre-rooted one. I find the YAAFS (or whatever it is) file system to be faster than ext4 (which is faster than stock rfs), and the change in partitions gives over 200mb more space to install apps before you need to go to the SD card. But of course, if you're trying to get to stock to send it back to sprint or sell it, than the full stock one is the way to go.

scorro1

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Going to give it a try in a few. Definitely messed up by clicking on re-partition... Lesson Learned!

Ill post an update shortly.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888