First time epic 4g root (help)

czechdynamite

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to root my epic 4g for the first time. firmware is 2.3.6 kernel is 2.6.35.7 build is gingerbread fc09. I realize I'm trying this far later than just about everyone who's owned one, I'm just wondering if there are any key things I need to be aware of before I try using the sticky thread to root. Also, I'd like to use the legendary rom, but I have no idea where to find it or a guide for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated... :confused:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You're here. That's a great start. Read, re-read, understand, read again...
Make sure you get all the files you need before starting anything.
Make a backup of your stuff, or at least verify that your contacts were saved to your gmail account. Probably not a bad idea to keep a copy of a stock tar and odin/pit files around in case something goes terribly wrong... Than read some more, ASK if you don't understand something. Read it again. Dive in ;)

Brandon489

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to being rooted. I soft bricked my phone 4 times before I rooted the first time so don't feel bad. Odin makes it fairly easy to flash back to stock. Also if you save vcards for all of your contacts to your sd card most roms will automatically pull them out. Also I strongly recommend the cm9 rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2