Should I bother restoring my phone to go to Sprint Store?

unseen wombat

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving my Epic 4G to my mom because I'm due to get a new phone from Sprint today.

We're going to the Sprint Store later to make the switch and she's getting her numbers transferred from her old phone to the Epic.

My phone is rooted and I know it's usually a big no-no to let Sprint know this fact, but will they really take away my birthday or something if they see my circular battery icon?

I can go ahead and Odin back to stock and then re-root it, but IDK if maybe it's okay to just leave it. What do you guys think?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't think it will be a big deal, just don't tell them. Instead of letting them transfer contacts why not create a Google account for her and have her plug them into Google, do the swap online and they never touched the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

unseen wombat

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
That's a good idea, but she has an old LG rumor, and I don't think she can connect to Google from that phone to upload her contacts.

Anyway, I decided to just update, since I was running EC05 anyway and it's old. Wish I'd have known it would delete all my apps though. :[

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My son bought an Epic off ebay and Sprint just did a factory reset on it and activated it. I think the rooting thing comes into play when they don't want to have to fix or replace your phone on their dime. It's just their excuse to make you pay for a new phone. But, if my mom were going to get the insurance, then I'd flash it back to stock.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's a good idea, but she has an old LG rumor, and I don't think she can connect to Google from that phone to upload her contacts.

Anyway, I decided to just update, since I was running EC05 anyway and it's old. Wish I'd have known it would delete all my apps though. :[

For future reference, grab titanium backup from the market. You can restore all your apps from that and you'll have all your app data as well, so you won't actually lose anything

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

if your mother does a manual contacts back up from the phone contacts directory"vcard back up".