CM9 Stable

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I assume its not released for the Epic since theirs no threads on here about it.

But... I heard its out, does anyone have it installed? If so, how is it. What's new? What changes were made?

Does it solve the camera autofocus/flash?

Well I just read a list of phones that its available for and the Galaxy S is one of the 21 phones.. So why aren't there any threads on this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...-stable-released-for-21-devices-and-counting/

Last edited:

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Because the device maintainers for the Epic are still attempting to address bugs specific to the device that are not inherent from the stable CM9 source, like the camera, Bluetooth, and WiFi related minor bugs. They will assuredly announce once "they" feel the Epic's build is stable.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there's a stable release of CM9 for the Epic. See CyanogenMod Downloads. But if there are still issues with that, it's not really a good sign. I wouldn't expect a release to be considered stable if there are still known bugs with features like the camera, Bluetooth, and WiFi that haven't been fixed. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't jump on it right away and install it as soon as I heard about it. I guess I'll wait until I hear something more on it from Epic-specific sources (e.g., the blog at Cyanogenmod Epic 4G).

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there's a stable release of CM9 for the Epic. See CyanogenMod Downloads. But if there are still issues with that, it's not really a good sign. I wouldn't expect a release to be considered stable if there are still known bugs with features like the camera, Bluetooth, and WiFi that haven't been fixed. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't jump on it right away and install it as soon as I heard about it. I guess I'll wait until I hear something more on it from Epic-specific sources (e.g., the blog at Cyanogenmod Epic 4G).

Thats what I was thinking, I thought that a stable version would mean all the bugs were fixed. I don't really see how hard it could be to fix the issues that were working with the stock phone. But I am also not a developer, its probably not as simple as copying and pasting code. Or maybe it is.. I wouldn't know, but I did read that they are still going to work a little bit more on CM9, but the majority of their work will be dedicated to CM10. Hopefully the issues get addressed one day.

anon(53988)

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the CM9 stable on my Epic since Wednesday. Still camera seems to work fine, including focus. Video OK. Don't use Bluetooth, so I can't test that. No problems with GPS or sensors. WiFi works fine. Phone works great. Battery not stellar, but lasts me all day. Have Juice Defender installed.

Installed Swype beta, and that works great. Installed Sprint VM, has a couple of quirks, but otherwise OK. Installed Google Now; cool!

I've been on CM9 since beta 4. Lots of problems until I did a factory wipe and install from scratch. Old app data, I suspect.

Highly recommended! :)

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It's marked stable because they are automatically compiled builds through a build bot. This is exactly why the Epic CM maintainers haven't updated to blog to reflect if. There is no actual stable build for the Epic, but that doesn't mean one isn't that far off.

LanceEpicSprint

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CM9 (RC2), 8/13- Nightly Build without any problems at all! No camera issues! Flash is working fine, camera is finally autofocused as well! IF you download the RC2 or there after, You will LOVE it, not any bugs that i see!

Reactions: rando991

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CM9 (RC2), 8/13- Nightly Build without any problems at all! No camera issues! Flash is working fine, camera is finally autofocused as well! IF you download the RC2 or there after, You will LOVE it, not any bugs that i see!
Sigh...

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the stable version cm9, and auto rotation doesn't work. Does anybody knows why?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the stable version cm9, and auto rotation doesn't work. Does anybody knows why?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Flash the temp stock FC09 from SD, calibrate the sensors, reboot, literally repeat this cycle until auto rotation works. There are less sensors active on ICS for the Epic, so they have to be calibrated "just right" I've noticed. Also make sure auto rotate is checked in both display and accessibility settings.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So far so good. The only thing I'm having issues with the Stable is the MMS attachments. Can't send or receive any.

Good grief! That's a pretty big bug left to be able to call the ROM "stable." Are the Camera issues like touch screen focus and flash with the video recorder working?

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Good grief! That's a pretty big bug left to be able to call the ROM "stable." Are the Camera issues like touch screen focus and flash with the video recorder working?

No, but MMS isn't a ROM issue, as there are a few thousand users who confirmed working MMS on stable.

Sent from my Stock AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the camera touch-screen focus if working ok.

No, but MMS isn't a ROM issue, as there are a few thousand users who confirmed working MMS on stable.

I'm hoping it's not a ROM issue. Why do I get the MMS attachment working in one Nightly and not in the next?

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the camera touch-screen focus if working ok.

I'm hoping it's not a ROM issue. Why do I get the MMS attachment working in one Nightly and not in the next?
The camera focus doesn't work. It shows a red square. That means it was unable to focus. Green square means it focused.

Because the MMS issue is Sprint, not the ROM. It's common knowledge Sprint is overhauling their network this and next year to improve voice and data reliability and speed.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The camera focus doesn't work. It shows a red square. That means it was unable to focus. Green square means it focused.

Because the MMS issue is Sprint, not the ROM. It's common knowledge Sprint is overhauling their network this and next year to improve voice and data reliability and speed.

I'm not sure if it's a Sprint issue cuz I went back to stock (like you suggested earler), tried the mms attachment and it worked just fine. After I re-flashed the ROM back again the mms attachment stopped working again.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can say with confidence I never had MMS issues on CM9, and I used it since Alpha 0 all the way to testing stable before I got rid of my Epic.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
LOL...I guess that's another way of saying "Get rid of your Epic".

I'm planning on it, even though I'm in love with my little Epic. I never had any issues with it for the past 2 years (except for a couple of newbie confusions). I'm thinking about GS3 but waiting for the prices to go down, which I hope will be after iPhone G5 comes out in September.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've spent plenty of time playing around with the newest phones, including the GS3. I chose the Galaxy Nexus. It runs circles around the GS3 on 4.1.1, will have better support for longer, truly bug free AOSP ROMs, more ROM choices and better development, and was only $50 for the upgrade. After owning it a month I can tell you I'm only EVER buying Nexus from here on in.

Reactions: rando991

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. The only thing I'm having issues with the Stable is the MMS attachments. Can't send or receive any.

I thought mine wasn't working either. If I understand you, I had taken a pic and my wife said to forward it to her. I attached it to a text message and she didn't get it.

That is, until i got home. Once I was on wifi, it did transfer the pic to her. Not sure if it was because I was out of town or had bad signal or something. It didn't transfer in like 3 hours. Then once we got home and connected to my home wifi, she got it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital