1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default google now on cm9.0.0 stable

I got google now working on cm9 stable - but it seems the biggest problem is still intermittent voice search FC which prevents apps like iris which I also use from working.

What I did (and I'm kinda a noob)

1. get cm9 stable installed (get.cm) - have to have a rooted device already of course
    2. flash this mikey6_offline.zip in clockwork from this thread

Problems I have:
    1. the google now will launch from the search bar OK, but there's no ding sound so you don't know when to start speaking
    2. Lots of FC from voice search.
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08-16-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    What's Shaking - free earthquake app
    EasyPulse - free pulse rate calculator
    TechTray - news of 50 top tech sites
    DocTray - news of 50 top med sites
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: google now on cm9.0.0 stable

Never mind - a clean install fixed all issues.

What does clean install mean? I have cm9 stable version, when I install this do I have to wipe anything?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

clean install - don't upgrade from a prior version - I upgraded from cm9 alpha, then to beta and then to cm9 stable without wiping. Doing that is prone for problems like this but I didn't want to reinstall everything this time. In order to get google now to work a complete wipe of data in the CWM recovery was needed and then install cm9 stable.

If you did that then you should be good to go. Googlle now is kinda slow be forewarned.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Even with a clean install I had an issue with no "ding" sound in googe now. Found a fix finally to a pesky volume issue - on google now when I click search I don't get the "ding" sound so it was hard to know when to start speaking. Also noticed that the "clicky" sound when navigating in cm 9 wasn't occuring.

Turns out system sounds was on mute, but there's no control panel for it. Solution I found was in this thread:

INstall a app called volume control+, in there make sure system sounds is at max. Everything will work fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I got google now working on cm9 stable - but it seems the biggest problem is still intermittent voice search FC which prevents apps like iris which I also use from working.

What I did (and I'm kinda a noob)

1. get cm9 stable installed (get.cm) - have to have a rooted device already of course
    2. flash this mikey6_offline.zip in clockwork from this thread

Problems I have:
    1. the google now will launch from the search bar OK, but there's no ding sound so you don't know when to start speaking
    2. Lots of FC from voice search.
    I have been playing around with Google Now, too. Frustrating as hell :lol:

When i first installed it, I had recently googled the school where my son's basketball practice was and it constantly put a notification up of how long it would take to get there. Like every 2 minutes for a couple hours. I can't remember how I got rid of that.

This morning, I tried to get traffic info for my commute and no matter how I phrased it, it would just give me google search results for "how far do you live from work" or something like that. I went through the settings and I think i have it settled down now. I am interested in anyone else who is playing with it.

I am running cm9 rc2 (stable had some weird problem, I recall). I downloaded a mixer theme that is pretty cool and started using handcent and a couple other non-stock apps. I am just waiting until my contract is up with sprint so I can shop around. It helps to resist the urge to get a new phone by constantly jacking around with this one.

BTW, this post sums up what you need to do to install it. I did the velvet 7 inverted because I wanted the screen black. It pretty much just worked. I don't think I did anything else other than doing a nandroid backup and backing up updates and new apps in titanium, just in case.

BTW, I removed it. It wasn't all that cool asking it questions all the time. the anticipatory cards just never seemed to catch up with me. AND, the worst thing was that my phone was always awake. The battery graphs would show a solid line for "awake" even when the screen was off. Last night, I went to bed and my phone was 100%. I forgot to plug it in. When I woke up it was at 30%. For 8 hours the screen was off and it was wide awake. I just flashed the removal and it's back to what it was doing before the google now experiment.

Prior to removal, I had turned off google now and unchecked the location stuff. Android OS was the guy using all the juice. i think I saw Maps as being implicated.