CM10 (JB) app location problem?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Previously on GB and ICS I had problems with app installs and updates causing the insufficient storage error. Regardless of how much free space was available (happened one time with 200MB free). Anyways the solution was to use link2sd and link a couple apps. The error never happened again. However the number of installed apps has grown since then making link2sd a necessity since it moves more data to the SD card that the built in move to SD card feature of android. Which leads to the problem with CM10 (JB). Some apps are installing to mnt/asec/ and link2sd thinks they are moved to the SD card but manage apps says they are on internal storage. Attempts to move with link2sd to internal or link to sd fail with error invalid apk. Since most of these apps are the biggest apps installed on the device this is a bug problem as I need to move all the really big apps to the SD card with link to SD so that the smaller and more frequently used apps and apps that won't work correctly from the SD card can be on internal storage and have room for new apps to install in the event I need to install more. What can I do to fix this so these apps are not using internal storage and get them linked to sd instead?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I use and have used Gemini App manager for this and other things since GB. It works great on CM10.

I'm not sure I see how it solves my problem. Apps never installed to that directory before and always installed to data/app/. The built in android move to SD card feature works and I can move the app to SD card and back to internal storage but it remains in that directory only it is recreated with a new name appending a 2 at the end. Which doesn't solve the problem. Without being able to link the apps to SD with link2sd I have to move several times more apps to the SD card with the built in move to SD feature to be able to keep all the apps installed. At this point I'm contemplating uninstalling all the big games just because of this and doing without them; unless I'm going somewhere I would take my tablet; rather than have almost all of my non game apps on the SD card. Device performance seems to take a hit when I have too many apps on the SD card no matter which method (built in or linked) is used to move them to it even with my class 10 SD card. Though not as bad as the one that came with my epic.

xpurtwitness

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Which leads to the problem with CM10 (JB). Some apps are installing to mnt/asec/ and link2sd thinks they are moved to the SD card but manage apps says they are on internal storage. Attempts to move with link2sd to internal or link to sd fail with error invalid apk.

I have just encountered this very issue, after doing a clean install of codefireX (CyanogenMod JB 4.1.2). I had been running link2d on previous JB and ICS ROMS (MIUI.us and CyanogenMod/JellyTime), which had worked just fine. Now, I have about 5 apps that are shown in Link2SD as on SD Card and shown to be located in /mnt/asec/. I get the same failure when I try to move them to internal or create links. I tested on Adobe Reader, and successfully created a link (but then it was identified as on SD Card and in the same location as the others), moved it back to internal, then moved to SD Card, then created a link, and it was moved to /data/app/ and listed as Linked -> SD Card.

I have also used Titanium Backup Pro to move one of the offending apps (Osmos HD) to internal storage, which it shows as having successfully done, but Link2SD still reports it in the wrong location and on SD Card.

From within Link2SD, I chose the "manage" function, which brings me to Android's built-in feature, moved it to the phone, and yet Link2SD still shows it as on the SD card and moveable.

There seems to be discrepancy in Android's built-in app management, as well, as to which apps are on the SD card.

Incidentally, the apps do run when I open them. I have cleared dalvik-cache, as well as fixed permissions. Link2SD and TiBa have superuser rights.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be discrepancy in Android's built-in app management, as well, as to which apps are on the SD card.

Incidentally, the apps do run when I open them. I have cleared dalvik-cache, as well as fixed permissions. Link2SD and TiBa have superuser rights.

I notice the discrepancy as well. androids built in app management says there are 13 apps on the SD card. link2sd says there are 17. None of the 17 are actually moveable. So they are unable to be linked. And they aren't really on the SD card. As I do the math adding up the ones indicated as on internal (and verified as such) only accounts for half of the amount of internal storage used. Adding up those 17 apps accounts for the remaining used but goes over by 22MB (1.3MB per app avg). Adding up the sizes of the lib files for those 17 apps appears to account for the 22MB. Another observation I don't think I mentioned in my original post is that these apps have a folder named what the apk would be named and the apk for all of them are named pkg.apk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance