updating epic 4g?

E30 beast

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
well to start off, i have a epic 4g flashed to boost which has had the same update for about a year and a half now so you can kinda understand my frustration. I've done tones of reading but still seem to miss certain information. one question i have is if i do a factory reset what files do i need to save to reflash the phone back to boost. Im looking to get the most current update for my phone so if anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it, also does the current update allow me to get 4g wimax working on the phone?

The current status of my phone :

Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: s:d700.0.5s.ec05
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FROYO ec05

thanks mark

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
i have my epic 4g flashed to straight talk and i use odin to switch firmwares. as long as you dont have "clear efs" checked when you flash the firmware all of your settings will stick. your meid, HA AAA keys, MDN, and MSID will all stay the same.

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
and if you are looking to upgrade your phones firmware might i suggest the stock deodexed FC09 rom if you like stock roms or im running cm10 and its remarkably smooth. best running rom on the phone so far IMHO

E30 beast

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the information lethal, got another question if you dont mind helping, should i factory reset or can i just install the cm9-cm10 update?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the information lethal, got another question if you dont mind helping, should i factory reset or can i just install the cm9-cm10 update?

When you go into recovery (Clockworkmod) you are going to have to do a factory reset/wipe all data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache. If not you could potentially run into serious problems. Hope this helps.

PS: Make sure you make a nandroid backup BEFORE doing anything. Also backup apps with "Appbak", backup your texts with "SMS backup +" and then backup your call logs. After doing all that you should be good to flash gapps and then cm9/cm10.

I've been running CM10 and although it isn't perfect, its better than CM9 in many ways. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles