Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turning Epic into a Car PC

I have an old epic now. I would love to give this device a seccond life running as a multimedia system/navigation ect ect for my car. What would be the thinnest and fastest rom that also has good audio quality and has all the radios working? I used to have ACS frozen on the phone and that worked great! It now has CM9 RC2 and it runs that nicely aswell. What do you guys think? Also what are good apps for music that have gesture support and voice commands?

ROM
    CM 9.1

Default Re: Turning Epic into a Car PC

Quote Originally Posted by irishboym4 View Post
    I have an old epic now. I would love to give this device a seccond life running as a multimedia system/navigation ect ect for my car. What would be the thinnest and fastest rom that also has good audio quality and has all the radios working? I used to have ACS frozen on the phone and that worked great! It now has CM9 RC2 and it runs that nicely aswell. What do you guys think? Also what are good apps for music that have gesture support and voice commands?
    Good question. I've been using custom roms for several months and have only used cyanogenmod so far so I can't really help you there. But you might want to give this app a try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....carhome&hl=en