Computer recognizes phone while in Download Mode, but won't...

Mike Dragon

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
...let me access anything. I have the most updated version Sprint put out for the phone, I have drivers installed on my computer, I tried uninstalling them, etc... When I use Odin my device is recognized, and my computer makes a sound telling me that it's picking it up, but nothing pops up for me to snoop into so I can install ClockWorkMod and such. What the hell? No, my cable is not the problem (or if it is, HOLY HELL, as I've tried 6. Of the 6, the only one that didn't work was the stock).

I've been working on this problem for 3 hours now, and my brain is fried, so I'm probably not making much sense haha. Point is, I can't get into the internal memory so I can't add the needed files to even do something as basic as rooting. My SD card is recognized just fine. I'm seriously going to punch someone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

Can I ask what Odin is telling you when you load up the appropriate files and press Start?

Could you provide a screenshot of your desktop and what Odin is putting out in the activity log box near the bottom left?

Couple other suggestions.

1. Remove your battery on phone. Leave it out and connect your phone via cable to your computer and enter Download Mode. Then see if Odin recognizes the phone and try and run it without the battery in the device.

2. Also make sure you have any spyware/virus scanners disabled during this.

Mike Dragon

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've tried the battery thing before with no success. When I press start literally nothing happens because I cannot select any files within my device for the program to do anything. My screen looks like this:
3.png

Man, the Android custom ROM community sucks at making clear instructions haha. Or the links to files are removed. Like, I've spent a half hour looking for a One Click Root for Epic 4G, and nothing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the battery thing before with no success. When I press start literally nothing happens because I cannot select any files within my device for the program to do anything. My screen looks like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yjG6dKkSMzo/Tt5h18wSvbI/AAAAAAAABG8/yWiXj3zUpyU/s1600/3.png

Man, the Android custom ROM community sucks at making clear instructions haha. Or the links to files are removed. Like, I've spent a half hour looking for a One Click Root for Epic 4G, and nothing.

can you link me to the directions you are using.....odin is working fine, it is recognizing your device, the next step is to hit PDA button and find the file you want to flash , this should be on your pc.
but please link me to the directions you are using so i can help you further

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463