1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Most stable and fastest CM ROM?

I have a non-techy friend who wants to get a used Epic 4G and make calls via Google Voice (using phone minutes when out and about, and using wifi when at home), as well as using GV for texting over data. Originally I would have just recommended she stick with the stock ROM and use GrooVe IP, but apparently it's getting shut down in May 2014 and Hangouts and Google Voice will be merging. Since only Android 4.0+ will support SMS in Google Hangouts, I thought I'd root her device for her and install a CM ROM that is 4.0 or higher, so she can get the SMS functionality.

However, since she's not very techy, I want to give her the most stable, least buggy, and fastest CM ROM (4.0+) that will run on the Epic 4G. I'd obviously rather have a 4.0 ROM that is stable and fast than a 4.2 ROM that is laggy and buggy, but of course if the Epic 4G will run CM10.1 just as well as CM9, I see no reason to have her stay downgraded! I just don't want anything that requires a lot of maintenance after being installed, since I'd have to do all that for her.

I saw that the Cyanogenmod website has the following stable ROMs for the Epic 4G:
    CM9
    CM9.1
    CM10
    CM10.1
    CM10.1.1
    CM10.1.2
    CM10.1.3
    CM10.1.3.1

Does anyone have any recommendations from personal experience about which of these might be the least buggy and least laggy on the Epic 4G?

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Most stable and fastest CM ROM?

Can all of those run on the Epic?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Most stable and fastest CM ROM?

Get the most recent stable version of CM 10. Never had an issue with stable.

Posted via Android Central App