Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update DI07 = Crap (XDA link to revert)

All my update did was:

-Dim my screen (using auto) = crap
    -Weaken my battery life = crap
    -Make my custom videos choppy (handbrake 720p mkv -> Epic 4G native res) = complete crap
    -Add craptastic Media Hub = crap on a crap cracker

So, I followed this to revert to stock (thanks to dmlee for posting in Sept 16th Update thread):

[How To] Return to Stock / Fix Bricked Epic - xda-developers

All is back to normal. No more crap. Will root with custom rom soon!
    Thanked by:

If this is true I hope as new ROMs are released they will be based on the old baseband version. I never had the update on the stock ROM so it's hard for me to tell what is caused by the baseband vs custom ROM.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

All the update did for me was add media hub. Everything else acts the same it always did.

Media hub isn't great or even good at this point but its not hurting anything on my phone by chillin' in the app drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    All the update did for me was add media hub. Everything else acts the same it always did.

Media hub isn't great or even good at this point but its not hurting anything on my phone by chillin' in the app drawer.
    This has been my experience exactly. I wasn't aware people were reporting issues until I checked the forums yesterday.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Hey at least yours installs. even with a factory reset mine will download and fail during the install.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

Haha. Thanks for the shout out, but the real credit goes to Aridon over at xda. He did the writeup on reverting to stock.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

closing this thread as the instructions have been stickied and all seems to be well