ROM ALERT: Baked Snack v1.6 [update6]

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hy
I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere...

I have Clockworkmod and titanium loaded on my phone. If I flash this ROM will I lose all my apps and settings? If so is there a procedure to follow so that I don't lose everything?

Thanks.

Your titanium backup folder shouldn't get messed with when installing this rom but you can backup the folder on your PC before flashing just to safe.

sstea

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed. Unfortunately, the phone locked up at 1.3Ghz. I had to drop back to 1.2Ghz.

It seems very responsive.

So far so good!

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
how is the battery life with this rom? can you go all day with moderate phone use? I am considering rooting and using this rom, because i cant go all day with my phone as is, with moderate use or light use, and all my firmware is upto date.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
how is the battery life with this rom? can you go all day with moderate phone use? I am considering rooting and using this rom, because i cant go all day with my phone as is, with moderate use or light use, and all my firmware is upto date.

Yesterday i was at 14hrs unplugged with 65% battery left. That was with moderate use, and never turning off my data connection or using juice defender. I think the reason battery life is so go is because with this ROM my display actually sleeps when the phone is locked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure my display is what's sucking juice from my phone. How would I check this, I do have spare parts installed. 14 hours with no charge is great and you still had 65% left. Haaa I leave my phone off the charger for 6 hours and I will go down to 65%. It sucks.

Anyone else with this set up seeing the same or batter battery life?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure my display is what's sucking juice from my phone. How would I check this, I do have spare parts installed. 14 hours with no charge is great and you still had 65% left. Haaa I leave my phone off the charger for 6 hours and I will go down to 65%. It sucks.

Anyone else with this set up seeing the same or batter battery life?

From the home screen go to Settings>About phone>Battery use

Before, even while locked it showed that my Display was using up most of the battery power. Now if I leave it locked for a long time the Display percentage is much less and the Cell standby and Phone idle are higher, which is how it should be.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is showing 76% display usage, however I am using the phone a lot today. I will have to test this with a full charge. So after a charge do the stats reset?

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you click display usage it should tell you how long your display was on.

And I think the best way to reset battery stats is to restart the phone.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
phone idle and cell standby is whats draining my battery. display is pretty accurate. This is only a 20 minute test. I will do an overnight test tonight and see how it behaves.

Does switching between 3g and 4g use a lot of juice, it seems as though they are building up 4g pretty well in nj so my phone goes in and out of 4g coverage a lot during the day while i am driving (i do a LOT of driving).

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
phone idle and cell standby is whats draining my battery. display is pretty accurate. This is only a 20 minute test. I will do an overnight test tonight and see how it behaves.

Does switching between 3g and 4g use a lot of juice, it seems as though they are building up 4g pretty well in nj so my phone goes in and out of 4g coverage a lot during the day while i am driving (i do a LOT of driving).

If you leave 4g on it will drain the battery very quickly while in use and will cause extra drain when it is searching for 4g coverage. Try only enabling it when you want to use it and see what happens with your battery life.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just installed v 1.3 and it really flies... have not gotten through a full day but will report back on battery life... so far looks pretty strong though... quick question, as this is the first Android ROM I've flashed since moving to the Epic from Windows Mobile... when you are reinstalling apps, is it OK to reinstall the app data as well when using Titanium? I assume it is not wise to reinstall backed up system data? Or is that something that's not as big a deal on Android as it was on Windows Mobile? Just trying to figure out the dos/don'ts of flashing on Android to figure out where I can save time, and what will cause problems if I'm lazy... Thx

shaunpeezy

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
From the home screen go to Settings>About phone>Battery use

Before, even while locked it showed that my Display was using up most of the battery power. Now if I leave it locked for a long time the Display percentage is much less and the Cell standby and Phone idle are higher, which is how it should be.

HEY RAG QUICK QUESTION. DO YOU HAVE IT CLOCKED AT 1.2 BECAUSE IT WAS UNSTABLE FOR YOU?
CUZ MINE WOULD RUN AT 1.3 FOR 14 MINS OR SO AND THEN FREEZE REQUIRING A BATTERY PULL EVERY TIME UNTIL I GOT THE CHANCE TO BRING IT DOWN BEFORE THE PHONE FULLY BOOTED

Just installed v 1.3 and it really flies... have not gotten through a full day but will report back on battery life... so far looks pretty strong though... quick question, as this is the first Android ROM I've flashed since moving to the Epic from Windows Mobile... when you are reinstalling apps, is it OK to reinstall the app data as well when using Titanium? I assume it is not wise to reinstall backed up system data? Or is that something that's not as big a deal on Android as it was on Windows Mobile? Just trying to figure out the dos/don'ts of flashing on Android to figure out where I can save time, and what will cause problems if I'm lazy... Thx

from my understanding using titanium backup shouldnt be a problem as i just did that. and i just learned about restoring data through clockwork and that worked for me too. and i havent run into any problems besides 1.3ghz being unstable on my phone. but i read somewhere in this thread they had it too

Downloaded 1.3 from BakedSnackShack.com

But when loaded up it says frimware version is 1.2. Installed after a fresh odin DI18 install.

thats just a typo im assuming cuz everyones getting that.

from my understanding. the kernel is the same one from version 1.2 and in 1.3 he just themed some more stuff etc. nothing major.

so because its the same kernel he probably felt no need to change it or forgot

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I did a data wipe before installing 1.3, then reinstalled apps and user data, but not any system data... I am clocked to 1.3ghz since mid day yesterday and have not had any freezes whatsoever... I honestly can't tell the difference between 1.3 and 1.2ghz so not like you're missing all that much... not sure if your freezeups are related to you restoring system data from backup, or if it's another setting somewhere...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
HEY RAG QUICK QUESTION. DO YOU HAVE IT CLOCKED AT 1.2 BECAUSE IT WAS UNSTABLE FOR YOU?
CUZ MINE WOULD RUN AT 1.3 FOR 14 MINS OR SO AND THEN FREEZE REQUIRING A BATTERY PULL EVERY TIME UNTIL I GOT THE CHANCE TO BRING IT DOWN BEFORE THE PHONE FULLY BOOTED

Bingo. I was at 1.3GHz for about 5 minutes, and after having to pull the battery 5 times I dialed it back to 1.2GHz. Never had a lock up since. Hero_Over said it's because the kernel is under-volted like crazy, so for v1.4 he is going to increase the voltage to make 1.3GHz more stable. Hopefully it doesn't decrease battery life too much.

MeOverTrance

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Not too happy that the 1.3 is unstable but I came across a small problem today. While contacts and messaging were both running in the background, it seemed to have problem differentiating the two. Everytime I clicked messaging in the dock, it would bring me to the contacts menu. I went into the task manager and ended messaging and started it up again. No luck. After a few attempts I ended up ending both messaging and contacts, and that is when it started working again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1