is there any way to back up my epic before rooting?

Thanks
    09-29-2010 04:29 PM
    Hmm well you need ClockworkMod Recovery to backup, which requires root, so not that I'm aware of. Rooting is a relatively safe process - you should just root and then make a backup with ClockworkMod. That way you're good to do the stuff that is actually potentially risky like flash a ROM.
    09-29-2010 07:50 PM
    Hmm well you need ClockworkMod Recovery to backup, which requires root, so not that I'm aware of. Rooting is a relatively safe process - you should just root and then make a backup with ClockworkMod. That way you're good to do the stuff that is actually potentially risky like flash a ROM.
    thank you very much. thats what i figured
    09-29-2010 08:42 PM
    Doesn't samsung automatically upload your numbers to their server? When i moved from my instinct to the epic, it downloaded all my phone numbers within a couple hours. I wasn't expecting it, so I was very happy.
    10-04-2010 03:40 PM
    Doesn't samsung automatically upload your numbers to their server? When i moved from my instinct to the epic, it downloaded all my phone numbers within a couple hours. I wasn't expecting it, so I was very happy.
    not samsung... Its google =P
    10-04-2010 04:08 PM
    It is possible to install clockworkmod without having root installed- I just did it using this- you could then back up before moving forward
    however rooting is very safe- what is dangerous is what you do after you root as you have complete control/access!!!
    10-05-2010 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD