Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is there any way to back-up my epic before rooting?

is there any way to back up my epic before rooting?

Thanks

Hmm well you need ClockworkMod Recovery to backup, which requires root, so not that I'm aware of. Rooting is a relatively safe process - you should just root and then make a backup with ClockworkMod. That way you're good to do the stuff that is actually potentially risky like flash a ROM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Hmm well you need ClockworkMod Recovery to backup, which requires root, so not that I'm aware of. Rooting is a relatively safe process - you should just root and then make a backup with ClockworkMod. That way you're good to do the stuff that is actually potentially risky like flash a ROM.
    thank you very much. thats what i figured

Carrier
    TrulyEpic Rebirth v

Doesn't samsung automatically upload your numbers to their server? When i moved from my instinct to the epic, it downloaded all my phone numbers within a couple hours. I wasn't expecting it, so I was very happy.

Carrier
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by aclays View Post
    Doesn't samsung automatically upload your numbers to their server? When i moved from my instinct to the epic, it downloaded all my phone numbers within a couple hours. I wasn't expecting it, so I was very happy.
    not samsung... Its google =P

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    It is possible to install clockworkmod without having root installed- I just did it using this- you could then back up before moving forward
    however rooting is very safe- what is dangerous is what you do after you root as you have complete control/access!!!