1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Default One-Click Root Method v2.2.9

Thank you noobnl for your generous contribution to the Android and Epic community. So, here is his post:

Source: (trust me, you will need this to understand more than just the post below)

Download:
    Changes: fix boot logo, add one-click root for mac and linux (including adb binaries)

Linux users chmod +x run.sh and run it, mac users chmod +x run_mac.sh and run it.

THANKS FIRON

Here's 2.2.7, that simplifies the root process thanks to the discoveries here:
    I also increased the timeout after running the root (fails less), moved more things to /system/xbin to reduce the risk of breaking things, and removes all the old files leftover from joeykrim's root (including his modified playlogo that runs at boot every time).

It also means your system will no longer be mounted as read-only every time you reboot and there's no more problems with jk-su overwriting your existing su binary.

1. you need samsung galaxy s drivers

32-bit drivers:
    64-bit drivers:

2. push MENU, select Applications > Development, then enable USB debugging.

3. extract and run run.bat

4. enjoy!

v2.2.4 added busybox and the remount script and fixes sprint animation not showing
    2.2.5 superuser.apk & su added!
    v2.2.6 installs busybox to xbin
    uninstaller

Once again, thanks Noobnl. All of the stuff posted here is his work.

Enjoy noob rooters! You will finally get to experience true openness and customization!

uninstaller:
    Last edited by caliskimmer; 10-14-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The biggest key to this is making sure the drivers are installed properly. It will say its installed and not work. You must make sure the samsung drivers were unzipped. You must also run the installer as an administrator.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

It worked like a charm, however now my bluetooth does not work.

Thanks, this is awesome and worked great, wireless works great. A question though, if I want to "unroot", is it possible to do without restoring my phone to factory?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ishal View Post
    It worked like a charm, however now my bluetooth does not work.
    mine stopped working, too, and thats why I'm back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Thanks, this is awesome and worked great, wireless works great. A question though, if I want to "unroot", is it possible to do without restoring my phone to factory?
    I don't think anyone is going to make an "unroot" script anytime soon. You have to wipe completely back to stock.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to make an "unroot" script anytime soon. You have to wipe completely back to stock.
    Thanks, I kind of of suspected when my searches turned up nothing.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Wait, hold on. The earlier versions had an unroot script. Let me check.

Ok, well, I found an uninstaller. Now, from past experience, I know that it simply removes root without wiping completely back to stock. I don't have a rootable Epic on me, so I can't physically test this, but just letting you guys know that it worked before.

Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    Wait, hold on. The earlier versions had an unroot script. Let me check.

Ok, well, I found an uninstaller. Now, from past experience, I know that it simply removes root without wiping completely back to stock. I don't have a rootable Epic on me, so I can't physically test this, but just letting you guys know that it worked before.
    Perhaps that old unroot script could be modified to work with the newest root version (I'm assuming it's not completely compatible).

One could always make a request on XDA for an unroot script update, but for anyone thinking of doing this I think it's safer just to wipe back to stock. That way it's guaranteed nothing is left behind in case you need to take your phone to Sprint.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Yeah, play it safe until you can get confirmation of an updated unroot script.

would you need to unroot everytime an update is released for this phone? that is, we've received 2 updates so far. would you have to unroot, apply the update and then re-root?

what about unrooting for when froyo comes out?