1.6 ghz

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You do see that they are simulated before and after pictures (on voodoo's website)? You know they are not real pictures right? I would also like to point out that the displays of the devices you are comparing are night and day without voodoo color. There are color fixes that are as close to compliant as you can get already built into the Extreme kernel. The color changes he makes are more variance compliant.

Hm I didn't know they used their own color fix. Maybe I'll try it after all. I have a feeling in a few more version this will be the ROM/kernel to have.

And yes, I know they are simulated but they are also pretty accurate. Maybe a better example was with an older version of Voodoo that I had, which only worked at 100% brightness. That was cool because you could toggle the brightness in settings and see the screen change from blue-ish whites to whites, and jagged text to smooth.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
If that's how you feel then don't look at the before and after pictures on the voodoo site, cause if you do you may start noticing :p

I didn't notice the blue tint as much as I did the jagged text when I first got my Epic.

Sent by a little green robot

hahha yeah ive actually already seen that comparison a while ago when i first heard of voodoo cuz i had no idea what it was.

but right now i love their work. i dont care much for the rom but the kernel is awesome.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
You do see that they are simulated before and after pictures (on voodoo's website)? You know they are not real pictures right? I would also like to point out that the displays of the devices you are comparing are night and day without voodoo color. There are color fixes that are as close to compliant as you can get already built into the Extreme kernel. The color changes he makes are more variance compliant.

i was talking to robert on xda earlier, rjmj or some weird username liek that, and he said there is no color fix incorporated in this. he said voodoo was in it at one point but they decided against it because it caused more problems than there was benefit to it. and that they are working on fixing any issues with it and making it better - but is not a main focus

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
i was talking to robert on xda earlier, rjmj or some weird username liek that, and he said there is no color fix incorporated in this. he said voodoo was in it at one point but they decided against it because it caused more problems than there was benefit to it. and that they are working on fixing any issues with it and making it better - but is not a main focus

I talked with Devin and he states in his thread and in pm's that there are some color fixes, so somebody is misinformed somewhere.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I talked with Devin and he states in his thread and in pm's that there are some color fixes, so somebody is misinformed somewhere.

i just checked again. and theres absolutely no color fix.

checked his forum. and it says "This kernel has a MixUp kernel base. I deviated once Interactive got working. I also removed the Voodoo color modification. So, there's that."

i think you might be talking about his original release maybe. idk but if you got a quote please let me know as im curious

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
i just checked again. and theres absolutely no color fix.

checked his forum. and it says "This kernel has a MixUp kernel base. I deviated once Interactive got working. I also removed the Voodoo color modification. So, there's that."

i think you might be talking about his original release maybe. idk but if you got a quote please let me know as im curious

You are correct, I meant brightness fixes. I mistyped, as I agree with Devin and his viewpoint on the fact that there can be no across the board color fix for any AMOLED device. It would have to be individually tweaked for each display to work properly and voodoo does not do that. I just got done watching Avatar side by side on my HD LCD monitor / Epic 4G and color is not an issue with my device. I look at my Baked Snack screenies with voodoo color fix vs Syndicate and I would have to say that Voodoo made it worse.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
You are correct, I meant brightness fixes. I mistyped, as I agree with Devin and his viewpoint on the fact that there can be no across the board color fix for any AMOLED device. It would have to be individually tweaked for each display to work properly and voodoo does not do that. I just got done watching Avatar side by side on my HD LCD monitor / Epic 4G and color is not an issue with my device. I look at my Baked Snack screenies with voodoo color fix vs Syndicate and I would have to say that Voodoo made it worse.

I'm on your side. I really don't notice anything wrong with my color or text. I think its stunning

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ficjay

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Should this increase the speed of data download too? the reason I ask is because I had it on my phone and was running wifi tether to play Black Ops online. With no problem whatsoever. Switched to the mixup kernel to see if I could improve battery life and couldn't get good enough speeds to make it work. I switched back. Before I did I ran data speed test from the Market's speedtest and then on Xtreme and got faster data download/upload speeds but didnt try the PS3 again to see if made a difference.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I look at my Baked Snack screenies with voodoo color fix vs Syndicate and I would have to say that Voodoo made it worse.

Color is a subjective thing. From what I've seen- Voodoo tries to create the 6500k "neutral color" standard.

You don't happen to have a Samsung LCD at home do you? The SAMOLED is clearly using Samsung's DNIE color feature- which most home theater fans TURN OFF. IT's turned on by default. It oversaturates color and creates halos around objects in an effort to POP detail. If you're comparing Avatar to a stock non calibrated LCD (especially an LED) I have no doubt the SAMOLED looks similar. Most home theater buffs would say the shadow detail is diminished and color is too heavy, along with neutral gray being incorrect.

First thing I noticed about the SAMOLED color Gamut is that it's clearly not neutral and has a serious blue shift and is oversaturated.

I was curious to see the Voodoo results 1st hand, but not at the expense of ROM stability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2