Is my phone still rooted after factory reset?

sandorberry

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to android/rooting so I apologize if this is a stupid question:

I rooted my phone when I first got it because I wanted to remove all the Sprint bloatware and get wireless teather. My phone wouldn't OTA update to the latest firmware, so after going back and forth with Sprint techs for days, I eventually ended up at a Sprint repair center. They couldn't figure out why it wouldn't update so they factory reset my phone (it updated the next day). My Superuser app is still there but when I click apps there are none in list. Also, wireless teather doesn't work anymore. Is my phone still rooted or do I reroot it?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends on how you rooted. If you used a permanent root method like one-click root your phone should still be rooted. If you depended on a kernel for root then you need to reroot.

When you open superuser what happens? It should tell you if you aren't rooted.

Reactions: sandorberry

sandorberry

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I used the one-click root method. No, it doesn't ask for root permission when I run wireless teather, but wireless teather doesn't work anymore either (it says, unable to start teathering, please try again!). The Superuser app is still there after the factory reset. However, it won't list all the apps anymore or allow me to delete anything. All I know is, under Superuser information it says : Superuser v2.3.6.1 - added c??? Datebase version 5. Su binary v2.3.1-ef. Is there a way to check if it's still rooted?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Download Titanium Backup from the Market. As soon as you open it, it will tell you point blank if you are rooted or not.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I used the one-click root method. No, it doesn't ask for root permission when I run wireless teather, but wireless teather doesn't work anymore either (it says, unable to start teathering, please try again!). The Superuser app is still there after the factory reset. However, it won't list all the apps anymore or allow me to delete anything. All I know is, under Superuser information it says : Superuser v2.3.6.1 - added c??? Datebase version 5. Su binary v2.3.1-ef. Is there a way to check if it's still rooted?

open up the superuser app. go into settings and update it.

that should do the trick

sandorberry

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess it's not rooted anymore. I download the Titanium Backup and it said it could not obtain root access. I just wanted to be sure before I re-rooted it and screwed something up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21