Just rooted and looking for certain widget.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Long story short.
Picked up evo on launch day. Last week switched to epic. Now that I have 2 devices I decided to learn to root. That is now sucesfull.
I am trying to find the samsung widget that showed how many programs were running and using memory. It was a 1x2 widget that resembled a battery with a number to the right and if clicked btought up a task manager type program.

Also would like to find an htc type of widget that is 1x4 that showed the next event on my calendar.
And a widget that shows an unread count for sms and email, just like my evo had.

Thanks in advace.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You must be running touchwiz. Doesn't work with other launchers. Another solution that isn't a widget, but takes you to the same place is long pressing on home, you should see task manager on the bottom. Select that.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Heres a bit more on the current rom.
SyndicateROM1.0.1a
Its not really the task manager i am looking for, i liked having the widget that showed running aps on the home screen. I did not have this on the HTC, but when i found it on the EPIC i really liked it. Although it did launch the Samsung version of Task Manager, i never actually closed anything. I just liked to know how many apps were actually current and running (not including the system processes.)

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
As these people states its only accessible through Samsung touch wiz.
That rom simply does not have it. Try searching on Google for Samsung touchwiz Widgets zip.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
word. if you cant find it let me know, i shoul be able to find it a little easier because one of the roms i have has a zip for it i think. itll still take a little time to find, i just already have a general idea haha

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I found the name of the app.
Its called program monitor and is bundled with stock touchwiz. But I am using a syndicate rom with out stock widgets. The exact name is samsumgwidget_programmonitor.apk and I have yet to find one I can install. So any help is appreciated.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Its called program monitor and is bundled with stock touchwiz. But I am using a syndicate rom with out stock widgets. The exact name is samsumgwidget_programmonitor.apk and I have yet to find one I can install. So any help is appreciated.

No Touchwiz = No Samsung Widget
Plain and simple. Just like:

No HTC Sense = No HTC Sense Widgets

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm on my phone right now downstairs watching TVs. When I go upstairs ill find you the link. I think your going to have to download a touchwiz zip and flash in clockwork.

To the person above. He already knew that I'm pretty sure. But the syndicate rom does not include any Samsung Widgets. He's looking for the task manager widget.
Op, if you didn't know you can access the task manager by holding the home button and hit task manager. It gives you all the stats of the widget and more.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my phone right now downstairs watching TVs. When I go upstairs ill find you the link. I think your going to have to download a touchwiz zip and flash in clockwork.

To the person above. He already knew that I'm pretty sure. But the syndicate rom does not include any Samsung Widgets. He's looking for the task manager widget.
Op, if you didn't know you can access the task manager by holding the home button and hit task manager. It gives you all the stats of the widget and more.

I know, I've been running syndicate as well. It clearly states in the syndicate that Touchwiz has been stripped. Its much easier to just use another ROM based on Touchwiz or you can do what I did and say screw ROMs and go Froyo. Everything works pretty much (some apps not visible in market due to unofficial keys)

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I know, I've been running syndicate as well. It clearly states in the syndicate that Touchwiz has been stripped. Its much easier to just use another ROM based on Touchwiz or you can do what I did and say screw ROMs and go Froyo. Everything works pretty much (some apps not visible in market due to unofficial keys)

i did not see a thing about it saying touchwiz has been stripped.

i and i think the op use the fully loaded version.

anyways, dude op the widgets you were looking for are in the post for the Syndicate rom on xda.
http://schizopunk.com/EpicExperience/rom_directory/addons_and_patches/signed_SamsungWidgets.zip

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Debloated maybe. But by no means stripped. I checked the forum before posting my last post and have been using touch wiz on their rom the whole time without any problems.

And also I take it your not talking about "fully loaded" like we are because fully loaded means the absolute opposite.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Debloated maybe. But by no means stripped. I checked the forum before posting my last post and have been using touch wiz on their rom the whole time without any problems.

And also I take it your not talking about "fully loaded" like we are because fully loaded means the absolute opposite.

Exactly, i thought fully loaded would have the widgets and maybe no bloatware.
The only reason i stick with it is the overclocking. If that were not an option i would go back to stock ROM for the widget i am looking for and learn to remove the bloatware i didnt want.

Whats also weird is when i originally rooted and started to use this rom i had the 70-80 fps, but i have since tried other roms and gone back, and now its only at 55 average.
I did a hard reset, and reloaded the syndicate 1.0.2 rom that was released on the 12th.

I definately like the ability to over clock my device. But still missing that one widget i want.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
if you look in the post I put a few posts up I included a link that will download a zip of all the touchwiz Widgets. Put it on
/sdcard and flash. U should have them after that.

Keep in mind that I did not flash that zip so im not 100% sure it'll include the task manager widget but it should. I'm pretty sure I got it from the schizopunk's epic experience thread on xda forums.

About the fps thing I think its the kernel not the phone. I know xtreme kernel 1.0 had the fps unlocked for sure. The new one does too but I don't get as high as I used to but I still do see an improvement when running quadrant. Keep in mind the fps is probably only unlocked for 2d. As my scores were average for the 3d portion.

Reactions: IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Shaundizzle, not sure how i missed the post earlier with the link. Downloading now and when i get a free minute at work i will install it and see what happens.

I found 2 spots on the net where i was able to get he APK file for the SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk file but it would not install properly.
I also found a 5 meg large file for samesung touchwiz 3.0 but it didnt look big enough so i have yet to try it. Your file confirms my suspision its not the right one as yours is just the widgets and its 10 megs.

Thanks for the follow up and so far i am liking the Epic and the Syndicate 1.0.2 overclocked ROM/Kernel.

And i am a newbie when it comes to flashing. I mainly focus on hardware and repairs.

EDIT Installed the zip file and indeed that has the widget i am looking for.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused- so Fully Loaded does NOT have all the touchwiz widgets? I thought they said it did AND they got it from Schizopunk.

they didnt say anything like that when i checked.

what they did have is a link to download the widgets. when clicked it will download the widgets in a zip file. then put on /sdcard and flash like a rom.

it should then have all the widgets