how to remove superusers

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I tired to root my phone but I got confused on it so I gave up now I deleted the rom manager app and now I can't delete the superuser icon I searched google and it said to the unistaller for the one click root 1 and I ran that on my phone and I wiped my phon but the icon. Is still there... am I missing a step or something can someone help me out I would appricate it

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Well then you must be rooted.

I don't see the complications. ?

The one click method should have worked but since it didn't check out the app called zroot or something like that. Its sypposed to b an app to root and unroot the phone.
If that doesn't work I have another method for rooted people trying to unroot that involves deleting files from the phone.

Or another method if you know something about command lines and adb - u don't need to know much, just to activate a shell for adb then follow directions and type out the commands I'd give to you

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well then you must be rooted.

I don't see the complications. ?

The one click method should have worked but since it didn't check out the app called zroot or something like that. Its sypposed to b an app to root and unroot the phone.
If that doesn't work I have another method for rooted people trying to unroot that involves deleting files from the phone.

Or another method if you know something about command lines and adb - u don't need to know much, just to activate a shell for adb then follow directions and type out the commands I'd give to you

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks man but if that means my phone is rooted then I might as well keep it rooted? Also can you private message me steps on how to install a custom rom? I think my other post has what steps I took and wat didn't work

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man but if that means my phone is rooted then I might as well keep it rooted? Also can you private message me steps on how to install a custom rom? I think my other post has what steps I took and wat didn't work

You need to then install clockwork mod. I'm not a huge fan of it compared to Armon's, but thats all we got in the world of Epic.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
do i need to still have the rom manager on my android to run it and also do i keep the file zipped?

keep what file zipped?

And no you dont need rom manager.

But its a nice addition to make using clockwork easier.
Ie: You can boot into recoveery without actually turning your phone off and on - that is; itll do it itself.

Just flash clockwork recovery on the computer like your supposed to basically.

Caps is because im in my drafting class and need it for commands and dtext

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry i didnt see to pm you til just now. I post on so many damn threads i get lost.

And i guess auto caps get taken out? Sweet

but to flash a custom rom, you must follow the one click clockwork recovery thing online.

Just search "one click clockwork recovery for epic 4g" online and follow the threads directions.

I tried like 3 of them before i realized i had it working haha
and after it was working i still thought i had broke my phone.

It was because to navigate you actually use the camera button to select instead of the home button. If you use the home button you get a black screen and i thought i bricked my device haha
i cant believe the inventor of clockwork would do something like that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty