Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM] CyanogenMod6.2 Nightly Build

It looks like CyanogenMod for the Epic is coming along nicely as is getting to be very usable

Source: CyanogenMod 6.1 for Epic Nighty & Support IRC - xda-developers

Features
    Pure Android 2.2 built from source code

Kernel
    To add EXT4 support: CM6 EXT4 Kernel

Change Log
    Go here for the continuously updated log
    Last edited by ragnarokx; 12-29-2010 at 06:56 PM.

even the data doesnt work. waste of time...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Like I said, do not expect functionality or for this to work as your daily ROM. This is just a glimpse of what is to possibly be the best ROM for the Epic. Flash for curiosity's sake only.

ROM
    Stock

Nah, Noobnl I think posted this to shut people up. He didn't do much to get this to boot. This is more of a joke than a display of what the phone can do.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Who actually does cyangenmod? Little confused on that
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on FroYo.

They are the original creators - this ROM is a port by some XDA members until we get the Froyo source code.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

i cant wait for this to be stable. i just love aosp.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thread updated w/new info.

The newest update has the keyboard not lighting up at all, and the camera is black and white.

I'm guessing that this is still a port since the froyo source code hasn't been released our has it? What is cyanogen btw? I sorta forgot but isn't it some devs who downloaded the source directly from google like sammy and moto and anybody else can and create their own rom/phone? Do they still have to wait for the manufacturer to release their version of a particular source code since phones are different or can they just port it over to any device they want? If that is the case then once it is finally ported to the epic and official build then I am jumping on it. Also if that is the case then they could easily gve us 2.3 right?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I don't have enough time to run a new kernel, especially with all the instructions he's posted. I'll wait to run this again when it's more stable and final.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

15.3.6 is out btw
    Thanked by: