Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM] ACS Froyo DK28

This ROM requires that ClockworkMod Recovery already be installed on your phone. If you do not have Clockwork already, please use this method instead.

The installation instructions on XDA are a short-hand version as of this writing - if you need a full step-by-step, see below.

Source: [ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - PROTECTED APPS - 12/4 - xda-developers

Features
    New Modem
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Pre-Rooted

Instructions
    Note: the following work with Windows only (there is no version of Odin for Linux or OSX)

Step 1. Boot your phone into download mode by powering off your phone holding "1" on the keyboard and holding power until you see a picture of an android digging.

Step 2. Extract "dk28-odin-modem.zip" onto your computer, then launch "Odin3+v1.61.exe". Press the "PIT" button and select "victory_8G_100528.pit", then press the "PDA" button and select "modem.tar".

Step 3. On the left side of the Odin screen, make sure only "Auto Reboot" is checked.

Step 4. Plug in the usb cable (if it's done right you should see a yellow Com device light up in one of the rectangular boxes).

Step 5. Click Start and wait until you get a green box at the top that says success. Your phone should reboot. To confirm this worked (optional), you can go to Settings>About phone and it should read under Baseband version "S:D700.0.5S.DK28".

Step 6. Place "acs-dk28-signed.zip" on your SD card. Boot into Clockwork.

Step 7. Do a factory reset/wipe 2 times, and wipe the cache 2 times.

Step 8. Flash the ROM by going to install zip from SD card in Clockwork and finding/selecting "acs-dk28-signed.zip".

Step 9. Enjoy!
    Last edited by ragnarokx; 12-07-2010 at 11:13 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

For anyone hesitant about this build - it seems 100% so far in my testing. I wouldn't be surprised if the DK28 base was the final build. Only thing I've noticed missing from this ACS ROM though is the Clockwork redirector to be able to boot into Clockwork from ROM Manager, but they said an update is coming in the next few days so I'm sure it will be included in that.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

My hesitation is the double-wipe. Does this mean I need to reload all my apps, etc?

You also mention Clockwork, but for those who haven't ventured beyond stock, this may be completely new.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If you are on a completely stock system, you can use this method.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Unfortunately, it looks like using the "one-click-root" changed the playlogo file (which seems to be causing the problem). So while I'm technically stock, the updater doesn't like the file.

Sadly, in my attempt to copy the file back over, I may have toasted the playlogo-orig. So I'm looking for another copy.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Check out this post for the playlogo problem.

I am trying the steps above but I assume they are not built for a mac lol

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I hope this doesn't come off as stupid, but I'm just running rooted stock on my phone and not Clockwork. I've gotten through all the steps up to the point of booting into Clockwork (Step 6) - could someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thanks,
    cypher
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by bigb82 View Post
    I am trying the steps above but I assume they are not built for a mac lol
    Unfortunately no, the procedure uses .exe files which only Windows can run. I'll update the instructions to note this, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cypher_zero View Post
    I hope this doesn't come off as stupid, but I'm just running rooted stock on my phone and not Clockwork. I've gotten through all the steps up to the point of booting into Clockwork (Step 6) - could someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thanks,
    cypher
    Sure thing. Here is the quicker way, but some people have trouble getting this method to work. Alternatively, you can use this method, which takes a little more time but has a higher success rate.

Im in his boat, I have rom manager installed but it wont let me flash clockworkmod recovery and when i boot into recovery its stock android. can you help? basically having it rooted the way I do until step six I dont have froyo yet right? so what did I do so far?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Follow one of the two procedure in post #9 to get Clockwork.

Either my comp is messed up or my phone is messed up I cant seem to get it to mount to the desktop at all it comes up and disappears right away AHHHHHH seriously why cant all this so much easier n use like one click for every single thing lol I am rooted right now and cant seem to get wireless tether to work either

ok I got wireless tether working, had the wrong version but cant seem to get clockwork working which is the last step in the puzzle to flash

Got it loaded and I love it. Its super quick and real responsive, and finally GPS that works. The only gripe I have right now is that I cant use my media hub to watch my movies, cause it cant find the update in the market, but no big deal still great tho

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    The installation instructions on XDA are a short-hand version as of this writing - if you need a full step-by-step, see below.

Source: [ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - 12/4 - xda-developers

Features
    New Modem
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Pre-Rooted

Instructions
    Note: the following work with Windows only (there is no version of Odin for Linux or OSX)

Step 1. Boot your phone into download mode by powering off your phone holding "1" on the keyboard and holding power until you see a picture of an android digging.

Step 2. Extract "dk28-odin-modem.zip" onto your computer, then launch "Odin3+v1.61.exe". Press the "PIT" button and select "victory_8G_100528.pit", then press the "PDA" button and select "modem.tar".

Step 3. On the left side of the Odin screen, make sure only "Auto Reboot" is checked.

Step 4. Plug in the usb cable (if it's done right you should see a yellow Com device light up in one of the rectangular boxes).

Step 5. Click Start and wait until you get a green box at the top that says success. Your phone should reboot. To confirm this worked (optional), you can go to Settings>About phone and it should read under Baseband version "S700.0.5S.DK28".

Step 6. Place "acs-dk28-signed.zip" on your SD card. Boot into Clockwork.

Step 7. Do a factory reset/wipe 2 times, and wipe the cache 2 times.

Step 8. Flash the ROM by going to install zip from SD card in Clockwork and finding/selecting "acs-dk28-signed.zip".

Step 9. Enjoy!
    Wouldn't this completely erase the apps and data?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

HTC EVO 4G Shift

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Note to bigb82 - the Clockwork discussion has been moved to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    Wouldn't this completely erase the apps and data?
    Yes it will - if this is not done you will have many problems. You can beackup your apps and their data using Titanium Backup Pro, MyBackupPro or with ClockworkMod Recovery's backup option.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If I want to go back to the syndicate rom, can I do it by simply using the backup I created in clockwork? Do I need to do anything with odin if I want to reinstall my backup. I've been running the acs since last night and it's very stable.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Your question is a little vague. Go back from what? What are you on now? By "acs" do you mean their stock version of Froyo?

Hey rag,
    Do you know if Odin will work through a virtual machine?

And mad props for your patience with all these people. I can't even read through my own thread cuz so many people posting things over and over.

I guess people have never flashed a rom and think wiping is the devil
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by shaundizzle View Post
    Hey rag,

And mad props for your patience with all these people. I can't even read through my own thread cuz so many people posting things over and over.

But to the ones who want to be helpful, I apologize for being vague. I am currently running the acs froyo, and my question was in regards to going to a backup if I choose to for whatever reason. Do I simply go through clockwork mod to go back to syndicate rom in eclair? I was just curious what happens with the DK28 modem and if anything needs to be done there?
    Last edited by ragnarokx; 12-05-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: insult removed
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Hey rag,

Haven't tried it myself but I've heard mixed results, mostly of it not working.

Quote Originally Posted by ratm22 View Post
    But to the ones who want to be helpful, I apologize for being vague. I am currently running the acs froyo, and my question was in regards to going to a backup if I choose to for whatever reason. Do I simply go through clockwork mod to go back to syndicate rom in eclair? I was just curious what happens with the DK28 modem and if anything needs to be done there?
    ratm22 - insulting other members is only contributing to the problem. We're all friends here.

If you want to go back to Eclair, use this first to get the base OS and modem back. Then you can flash any Eclair ROM you like. And using a Froyo Clockwork backup on Eclair is not a good idea - I would manually reinstall any apps you have just to be safe.

wouldnt using odin to get back to a 2.1 root, and then using your nandroid backup work fine too?

thats probably what id do but idk why anyone would go backwards to 2.1
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

wouldnt using odin to get back to a 2.1 root, and then using your nandroid backup work fine too?
    I suppose you could try, but restoring a 2.2 backup on 2.1 just sounds iffy. If anyone does this please post your results.