Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Compendium of Froyo Themes & Add-Ons | Last Update 2/15

Anything that is not a full-fledged ROM will be listed here - themes, kernels, and other miscellaneous goodies. Everything here is compatible with the latest version of Froyo (DK28). Most of these mods require you to be rooted, have the appropriate version of Clockwork installed and have a deodexed ROM.

If you see any broken or outdated links/information, or know about something not listed here, please post in this thread and let me know - thanks!

** = converted by AndroidCentral staff
    ** = converted by Paul627g

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.X.X.X Compatible
    Themes
    Frozen Emotionless Beast | Preview
    AOSP Gingerbread w/Preview
    Mysterious Beast v1.1 No Transitions** | Preview
    Froyo Window v2.0** | Preview
    ViperROM v4.0.2b Theme** | Preview
    Froyo Fuchsia Fusion
    Glass Froyo
    Crystalline Modular w/Preview
    Black Alien Void w/Preview

Miscellaneous Mods & à la carte Theme Elements

AOSP Lock Screen | Preview
    Swype Restore**
    Android Swirl Boot Animation** | Preview
    Nexus S Microbes Live Wallpaper** | Preview
    TouchWiz Lock Screen**
    Blue Battery Meter from midNIGHT Theme**
    TouchWiz (Stock) Launcher**
    Stock DK28 Froyo Ringtones**
    Stock DK28 Froyo Notifications**
    Microbes Live Wallpaper (Nexus S)**
    No Clock in Status Bar**
    Restore Clock in Status Bar**
    Market v2.3.2**
    Hulu v3

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.X.X.X Compatible
    Themes
    All themes should be flashed via Clockwork as .zip files. Most themes are universal and will work with any deodexed ROM, but always be sure to double check the source link for special cases.
    midNIGHT Theme v3.1 Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod AOSP LOCK** | Preview
    Black Panther w/Preview
    Mysterious Beast w/Preview
    AOSP Froyo Magic/CyanogenMod | Preview
    The Blue Majestic | Preview
    The Pink Panther | Preview
    Night Fall | Preview
    Glasss | Preview
    Christmas Time | Preview
    Crystalline Modular w/Preview

Kernels
    DK28 Dual Filesystem EXT4+RFS Kernel

Miscellaneous Mods & à la carte Theme Elements
    Honeycomb Music Player w/Preview
    MIUI Music App w/Preview
    a454nova's mods - lockscreen, stock apps, Hulu, battery pop-up killer, phone fix, boot animations, dialer pads, mms/sms, battery meters
    EXT4 Filesystem
    CIA Boot Animation
    BIOS Boot Animation w/Preview
    Custom Bootup/Shutdown Sounds
    Galaxy Tab Email App
    Black GMail App
    Android Camera Evolved w/Preview
    Nexus S Boot/Shutdown Animations + Ringtones
    ConnectBot - Change Hard Keyboard Keys
    No Bubble MMS with 5MB & 2560x1920 Limit
    No Clock in Status Bar
    Fix for Missing Apps on Froyo
    ClockworkMod Redirector v1.0.7 (ROM Manager compatibility patch)
    Android Market v2.2.6
    Gingerbread Voice Action Clock
    Gingerbread Launcher w/Preview
    Gingerbread Battery Meter | Preview
    Gingerbread Keyboard w/Preview
    Call Log Mod | More Info
    LbsTestMode (GPS Tools & Settings)
    Battery Meter Mods w/Preview
    Acer Liquid's Breeze Launcher & NemoPlayer w/Preview
    Hulu App and Flash Player | Full Screen Mode
    Themed Stock Apps, Regular Apps, LWP's and Android Themes w/Preview
    androDENA Themed GTG TouchWiz Launcher w/Preview
    Market v2.3.2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Big change in the Android Market - if you don't already have the update, check it out

Okay I'll be the first to ask.. If these themes/addons can be converted and your excepting requests then...

AMLauncher (I know its not in your list here but...)
    Mysterious Beast (newest version)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Okay I'll be the first to ask.. If these themes/addons can be converted and your excepting requests then...

AMLauncher (I know its not in your list here but...)
    Mysterious Beast (newest version)
    Done and done.
    Paul627g likes this.

Thanks Ragnarokx. I don't know what it is but ever since I tried AMLauncher aside from its simplicity and speed I think that "rolodex style/3D" app list is cool!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It is isn't it? I love that launcher. It just gets the job done.

Question, can themes and addons be uninstalled?
    Thanks!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Not really - if you want to get rid of a theme or mod, just flash your ROM again to put everything back to the way it was.
    sneezy316 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sneezy316 View Post
    Question, can themes and addons be uninstalled?
    Thanks!
    If your staying on the same ROM then you could simply reflash the ROM with no wipe.

If your going to remove the themes/addons and change to a different ROM then wipe 3x

Sorry, Ragnarokx and I are answering questions at almost the same time. LOL..
    sneezy316 likes this.

Thanks guys, that's good information!

Carrier
    midNIGHT EXT4

im on quantum 2.7.0. i want to run Mysterious Beast v1.1 No Transitions theme but i want to lock screen to stay stock. what do i need to delete from the zip to achieve this?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I just added "TouchWiz Lock Screen" to the first post for you. Flash with ClockworkMod3 and it will restore your stock lock screen.
    thojmoto likes this.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted Stock

Anyone know if there is a way to install bat mods without it breaking or changing a themed notification bar?

Quote Originally Posted by mike340t View Post
    Anyone know if there is a way to install bat mods without it breaking or changing a themed notification bar?
    Battery mods are more than just graphics, they have XML code embedded in the framework-res.apk and that is what controls the "theme" of your phone. Depending on what is done to the framework-res.apk there could be changes in there when flashed could overwrite/change what you already have in place with your current theme. So you could try flashing another battery mod but it might change what is already in place with the current themed notification bar.

Its a tricky deal with the battery mods. Simply changing the graphic files probably won't do it because they are matched perfectly to fit the code that makes them work or else they won't display properly. When I did the Mini Theme v1.5 for Truly Epic Rebirth there are a total of 125 graphic file that make it all work.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted Stock

Its a tricky deal with the battery mods. Simply changing the graphic files probably won't do it because they are matched perfectly to fit the code that makes them work or else they won't display properly. When I did the Mini Theme v1.5 for Truly Epic Rebirth there are a total of 125 graphic file that make it all work.
    Bah.. I was hoping to not hear that lol... I looked in the 'framework-res.apk' and was hoping it'll be as easy as exchanging images...
    Another question: Can I just extract the images, color them and put everything back?

Quote Originally Posted by mike340t View Post
    Bah.. I was hoping to not hear that lol... I looked in the 'framework-res.apk' and was hoping it'll be as easy as exchanging images...
    Another question: Can I just extract the images, color them and put everything back?

Yes you could do that. You would have to pull them out with 7zip/Astro etc. and put them back in the same way but DON'T UNZIP THE FRAMEWORK-RES.APK. Best of luck to you. There's 125 of them to change if your talking about the Mini Theme v1.5 that I used.

They are located in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi

Be careful! You put something back in wrong or missing a file it could crash the framework, resulting in FC's happening like crazy... Probably wouldn't brick it but your phone could start freaking out and popping FC's and you would have to reflash the ROM again to clear it out.
    Since9600 likes this.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gingerbread EG22

OK, So after looking around for more cool stuff to add to my newly rooted phone, I installed both the Android Swirl and Microbes add-ons at the same time with CW3.0.0.5.

I rebooted my phone and it reset all my settings, and now most programs are NOT stable (almost every program force closes) including my Launcher Pro.

Any idea wtf happened?!

Quote Originally Posted by bjwest View Post
    OK, So after looking around for more cool stuff to add to my newly rooted phone, I installed both the Android Swirl and Microbes add-ons at the same time with CW3.0.0.5.

I rebooted my phone and it reset all my settings, and now most programs are NOT stable (almost every program force closes) including my Launcher Pro.

Any idea wtf happened?!
    I pulled this straight from the Launcher Pro website.

Now about LauncherPro v0.8.2 that is now available on the Android Market. Here’s what’s new:

For all users:

* New “Virtual looping” on homescreens! A ton of people requested loop scrolling on homescreens. The problem is that would be incompatible with Live Wallapers, and it would make most static wallpapers look weird. So instead I decided to use a different approach. When you try to scroll past the last homescreen, LauncherPro will quickly bounce back to the first. Conversely, if you try to scroll before the first screen, it will bounce you forward to the last screen. This effectively gives you loop scrolling (you can scroll indefinitely in any direction) without incompatibility issues or nasty visual side effects. (Enable in Preferences > Homescreen Settings)

This could possibly be your problem with the live wallpapers. I have ran both add ons that you flashed and didn't seem to have any effect on my phone. I don't use Launcher Pro so by process of elimination...

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gingerbread EG22

I pulled this straight from the Launcher Pro website.

Now about LauncherPro v0.8.2 that is now available on the Android Market. Here’s what’s new:

For all users:

* New “Virtual looping” on homescreens! A ton of people requested loop scrolling on homescreens. The problem is that would be incompatible with Live Wallapers, and it would make most static wallpapers look weird. So instead I decided to use a different approach. When you try to scroll past the last homescreen, LauncherPro will quickly bounce back to the first. Conversely, if you try to scroll before the first screen, it will bounce you forward to the last screen. This effectively gives you loop scrolling (you can scroll indefinitely in any direction) without incompatibility issues or nasty visual side effects. (Enable in Preferences > Homescreen Settings)

This could possibly be your problem with the live wallpapers. I have ran both add ons that you flashed and didn't seem to have any effect on my phone. I don't use Launcher Pro so by process of elimination...
    Hmm... the strange thing is that the live wallpaper doesn't even show up (it's showing my old static one).

Also, when I rebooted the phone, it was like I just turned my phone on for the first time (welcome, tutorial, set up accounts)

Does "Wipe Cache Partition" do any harm? All searches seem to tell me that "Wipe Cache Partition" only makes your phone boot slower... thoughts? Any idea how I could revert back or uninstall? CW3 doesn't seem to have a file explorer built in.

Did you have Launcher Pro installed before or after the live wallpapers? Just trying to eliminate whats going on. I'm guessing the Launcher is causing something but I could be wrong.

The issue when you rebooted your phone is probably due to the FC's going on and it has your phone somewhat messed up. This happens when you have FC's from a bad install/flash.

To get rid of the wallpapers you could reflash your rom and that should reset everything. Of course do a backup of any important data (like text messages, call logs, etc. ) using MyBackup or equivalent from the Market. The Android Setup Wizard will restore you apps/settings for you automatically.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gingerbread EG22

Unfortunately, My phone can't do anything. Every program FC's. (except my text messaging program which automatically popped up w/ a notification) :-(

Launcher Pro has been on my phone for over a week, no problems.

I figured out exactly what files the .ZIP's were installing and where, then used the ADB command in windows shell to delete them. No positive effect. Guess I mysteriously effed something up?! :-( *sigh*

I would reboot into CWM and reflash the rom to give you a fresh start again. I'm guessing Launcher Pro and the Nexus Microbes aren't playing nice with each other. I did notice on the Market they have a new updated Nexus Microbes live wallpaper out that is now Launcher Pro compatible. The version of Microbes on here is an older version.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gingerbread EG22

Thumbs down

I would reboot into CWM and reflash the rom to give you a fresh start again. I'm guessing Launcher Pro and the Nexus Microbes aren't playing nice with each other. I did notice on the Market they have a new updated Nexus Microbes live wallpaper out that is now Launcher Pro compatible. The version of Microbes on here is an older version.
    I was going to try and load the default Froyo launcher .APK onto the phone, but the ADB server stopped working (device not found) even though all the settings were right. Even my Handcent SMS program couldn't perform a backup b/c it said it could not read the database.

I have noooo idea what got effed up, but unfortunately, looks like I'm gonna have to re-flash the ROM :-(

The thing that makes me most irritated is that the stuff I was trying to install wasn't even that cool for the hassle I caused myself... :-P

Where is new version of Microbes lwp on the market? I haven't been able to find it... in fact, a search of "microbes" turns up nothing related. Could be kind enough to post the apk or link us to this mysterious new version, please? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sino8r View Post
    Where is new version of Microbes lwp on the market? I haven't been able to find it... in fact, a search of "microbes" turns up nothing related. Could be kind enough to post the apk or link us to this mysterious new version, please? Thanks!
    Search "Nexus live wallpaper" in the Market this will pop up many options. The newest and probably best one is call NexusKang live wallpaper it has the Cyanogen version of it included.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast