Getting Swype back after changing ROMs?

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
I'm fairly new to the Android ROMs scene, and I was happy as a clam after putting DK28 on my Epic 4G.
I recently switched to the TrulyEpic ROM, which works really well, but I seem to have lost the Swype keyboard.
Can anyone direct me towards instructions on how to get it back?

I did sign up for the Swype beta a while ago, and I tried getting Swype using that method. I do understand that that's not the same version of Swype that came with the Epic.
I can't seem to install it, though. I run the installer fine, but when running the Swype application for the first time, it force-closes during the registration process, so it doesn't finish installing. So, no worky. :-(

Thanks for any help!

BTW: I did try installing the Swype Beta using the instructions here, but I ran into the same problem as above.

Last edited:

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
Thanks ragnarokx,
I downloaded and applied the zip file using Clockwork, then rebooted the phone. After booting up, it's still using the Froyo keyboard, and not Swype.
Is there another step that I'm not doing? Couldn't really find instructions on what to do to apply Skype.

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
Sorry to revive this post, but I recently installed an EXT4 ROM, and the Swype Restore zip linked a few posts up doesn't seem to work.

Is there another way to get Swype that's EXT4-specific?

henryiv42

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Swype for Custom Roms

I just put on a new rom for my Epic 4g, and it doesn't have swype since it has gingerbread keyboard stuff. I was wondering how do I get swype back? I appreciate any help.

jderck

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just want to give a big thanks to ragnarokx. I was about ready to go back to a standard Froyo rom because the Truly Epic rom didn't have Swype

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae