Phone stuck in download mode!

ratm22

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
last night I noticed my phone was not charging when I plugged it into the wall charger,then I tried the computer usb with no luck, and I realized the phone had froze. I pulled out the battery to reboot, I powered up and my phone went into download mode, I tried to boot into recovery with the "death grip" and it went into download mode. I tried to go back to stock with odin but my phone does not come up in odin on my laptop or my desktop and there was never that issue before when using odin. At this point, I'm more curious as to why my phone is locked in download mode and how it might have happened? I have been rooted since september and the latest rom I flashed was Nebula 1.04 froyo rom, I had been toying with a gingerbread launcher from the market which I liked, aside from it being a battery hog. In any case, anyone have any ideas on what might have happened? The phone had been runnig fine so I'm really curious about what ideas anyone might have? Thanks

ratm22

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The phone was looked at by a tech. Turns out some liquid got in through the usb connection and fried the motherboard, thankfully there's insurance and the lesson learned to keep the sliding cover closed when the phone is not charging.

simster1997

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
OMG, i accidently dropped my Lg into the water a feww days ago ..
I quickly dried it ASAP, it worked for a few seconds, and then it died..
Its on download mode, and wont connect to the computer..

How much was your phone? (approx)

thojmoto

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Even the cable that comes with the phone is crappy. Mine only worked in the back ports, then I closed my car door on it and it stopped working lol. It would charge only, would connect to my pc. Then I bought myself a better cable and it now connects on any port.