Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    drewjohn's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper 1.2.1

    Default Stuck in System Recovery <2e> manual mode

    I was trying to fix my gps on 2.2 and flashed back to 2.1 than got the gps lock and flashed back to a saved rom by recovery.

    now i'm stuck on a "Android system recovery <2e> Manual mode. It a screen with blue words and a pic of an exclamation piont. I try to apply update.zip but it says E:cant mount dev/block/vold/179:1
    No such file of directory
    E: cant mount SDCARD:update.zip

    I can use odin because my computer wont recognize my phone. i downloaded the drivers over and over, used 2 different computers, and used 2 different USB cords.

    HELP
  2. #2  
    BBooDad's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock so far

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I was trying to fix my gps on 2.2 and flashed back to 2.1 than got the gps lock and flashed back to a saved rom by recovery.

    now i'm stuck on a "Android system recovery <2e> Manual mode. It a screen with blue words and a pic of an exclamation piont. I try to apply update.zip but it says E:cant mount dev/block/vold/179:1
    No such file of directory
    E: cant mount SDCARD:update.zip

    I can use odin because my computer wont recognize my phone. i downloaded the drivers over and over, used 2 different computers, and used 2 different USB cords.

    HELP
    I had no luck with the USB drivers from the non-Samsung links. However, here is the link to Samsung's site. I used this link they finally worked to unbrick my Epic after trying DK28. Make sure you click on "Software" to get to the actual drivers.

    Samsung

    The entire link that got me up and running again is here:
    If you are unrooted and need help going back to DI18 Eclair - Android Forums

    Good luck!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    drewjohn's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper 1.2.1

    Default

    ok i had to jack with my phone alot. putting it in and out of download mode and pulling the usb in and out, but i finally got it to reconize my phone after a few hours. what a pain!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    drewjohn's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper 1.2.1

    Default

    tired to do it all again today at work and same thing happened. luckily my work computer recognizes my phone better than both my home computers.
    WTH is up with restoring my backups from clockwork. why do i keep getting stuck with the blue screen of death? I cleared the memory and everything.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Try restoring your backup and then flashing the ROM on top of that.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I'm having the same issue here. Three finger boot gives me a *manual mode* with blue text and a choice to update from the SD that doesn't work because there isn't an update file on the SD. There should be a simple way to clear this, no?
  7. #7  

    Default

    If you can't boot up, you can always use Odin to flash back to stock.
  8. #8  
    trooper54's Avatar

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If you can't boot up, you can always use Odin to flash back to stock.
    are you guys in the right recovery? sounds like your in the samsung recovery instead of clockwork...

    "In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"


    I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default

    Yes, that's exactly what it is. I went back to stock and lost Clockwork so it's a normal way for it to act. Rooting it with oneclick put it back. New at this and still finding my way around. Thanks.
  10. #10  

    Default

    when i first rooted my phone on 2.1, i got stuck on the stock recovery every time i booted to recover.y.
    i actually had to hit apply update.zip from sd card to get into clockwork mod recovery.

    anyways, i think the op forgot that you cant just flash back and forth between 2.1 and 2.2 roms. his post to me sounds like he was on 2.2 went to 2.1 and 2.2 again; which i dont think is possible because you need the kernel for 2.2 and stuff

    i could be wrong cuz my android hacking is getting kinda rusty
    EPIC 4G
    ROM: QUANTUM 2.O
    KERNEL: STOCK

  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaundizzle View Post
    when i first rooted my phone on 2.1, i got stuck on the stock recovery every time i booted to recover.y.
    i actually had to hit apply update.zip from sd card to get into clockwork mod recovery.

    anyways, i think the op forgot that you cant just flash back and forth between 2.1 and 2.2 roms. his post to me sounds like he was on 2.2 went to 2.1 and 2.2 again; which i dont think is possible because you need the kernel for 2.2 and stuff

    i could be wrong cuz my android hacking is getting kinda rusty
    Your correct you can't simply flash back and forth between 2.1 (Eclair) and 2.2 (Froyo) ROMs. You have to use Odin to return to Eclair from Froyo, then you have to use either Odin or an update.zip file to go from Eclair to Froyo. There is no simple "flashing" between OS's versions. Flashing can only be done on when staying on the same OS (Eclair or Froyo).
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  12. #12  

    Default

    UMM.... I was fiddleing with the phone and got into voodooo recovory and im restoring but im not sure if it would work ..... '^^
    ]
  13. #13  

    Default

    I found the answer re-flash to 2.1 without the micro sd I AM SO HAPPY!!! it worked !!!
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I was trying to fix my gps on 2.2 and flashed back to 2.1 than got the gps lock and flashed back to a saved rom by recovery.

    now i'm stuck on a "Android system recovery <2e> Manual mode. It a screen with blue words and a pic of an exclamation piont. I try to apply update.zip but it says E:cant mount dev/block/vold/179:1
    No such file of directory
    E: cant mount SDCARD:update.zip

    I can use odin because my computer wont recognize my phone. i downloaded the drivers over and over, used 2 different computers, and used 2 different USB cords.

    HELP
    well just flash back with odin without the sd card it works fine i had the same probelem ^^
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Stuck in System Recovery <2e> manual mode

    I'm still stuck in that mode. Did you fix this problem and if so how so I can get back to a restore point I had on CM10. I can't stand AOKP Milestone 5. Can't even find my INTERNAL SD section.
    Quote Originally Posted by babelfish View Post
    I'm having the same issue here. Three finger boot gives me a *manual mode* with blue text and a choice to update from the SD that doesn't work because there isn't an update file on the SD. There should be a simple way to clear this, no?

Posting Permissions