Default [ROM] Frankenstein v23

Source:

Features
    REBUILT,only works with EXT4....
    pre-rooted,deodexed with CWM redirect
    MeatCurtains recompiled dvm cooked in (stable for me) = Thanks MeatCurtains
    DK28 Nebula 1.06 base = Thanks plapczyn
    EXT4 support = Thanks Dameon87
    Custom Launcher Pro integrated,its the only launcher installed,this prevents 2 a.core processes from running.
    Custom Launcher Pro icons = Thanks Zeinzu.
    Custom Launcher Pro wallpapers = Thanks CM team.
    Added live wallpapers,also includes Nexus S LWP...
    Viper sound hack = Thanks Viper.
    Midnight Dialer = Thanks Midnight.
    Inverted Google search.
    ClockPackage.apk added = alarm clock,world clock,stopwatch,timer.
    Wireless tether 2.05 RC1
    Genie widget added, news and weather
    Battery 1% mod = Thanks ????.
    wifi scan interval set to 3 minutes.
    Gingerbread youtube.
    Bubble MMS.
    3g to 4G icons reverted back to 3G.
    More pure black added to theme in v10.
    *New Blacked out MIUI music player = Thanks to me.
    Black themed market = REMOVED sorry
    Black Genie Widget = Thanks to me,work in progress.
    Inverted Gmail = Back and working perfect,Thanks ????
    Cooked initramfs = Thanks noobnl
    Cooked build.prop = 56m heap (helps with flash)+ 60 max events.
    GPS fix = Thanks Mammon
    Data governer killer = Thanks Viper
    Some Heroes icons = Thanks earthbound[iap]
    As much pure black as possible = battery saver.
    No Sprint bloatware.
    New boot ani/sound,new shutdown sound (ani soon),FIXED no pauses.
    Custom ringtones,2 new for now,look for A_LOUD,and system,these tones have been amped up.
    AOSP calculator - Thanks CM team.
    No myfiles = can be replaced by Astro for free.
    No live wallpapers = Update.zip coming soon in app store.
    No Swype = Just dont like it as much anymore,update.zip coming soon.
    Programs auto zip align at boot = Thanks Mammon I think
    Many other things removed = nothing serious

Change Log
    Cleanest ROM around,blank slate (gives you the option to add what you want from the start,I did all the testing to make sure base ROM is stable)
    Launcher Pro 0.8.3 (not modded,only because the next update will over write this anyway,everything needed to mod is in the download section)
    AD blocking built in (this does not harm any benchmark results from showing)
    Added Nexus S TV shutdown ani (its in Frankenstein Boot/shutdown update.zip,this can be opened and remove what you dont want,then flash,some people may not like boot sound or ani,same as before though)
    Core Apps update.zip (this can be opened up and remove what you dont want,then flash)
    NoN Critical Apps update.zip (I dont have any of this stuff installed on my phone,actually I dont have alot of the Core Apps installed on my phone either)
    Added EXT4 no journaling update.zip (this must be installed after EXT4 conversion and before you install the ROM,thats if you want no journaling)
    Last edited by ragnarokx; 01-23-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    Thanked by:
    cmax79 
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Update: build 12.29.10.18
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Update: build 12.30.10.2030
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Frankenstein v24xxx EXT 4/CWM3 Only

Frankenstein v24xxx EXT 4/CWM3 Only is available.

Changes:

Version v24xxx :::
    ●This is a clean base ROM,stripped of pretty much everything...In conjuntion with 2 update.zips (Critical_Apps and NoN_Criticals_Apps.zip found in download section) this will let you create your own ROM from the start.If you open these 2 .zips you can remove what ever you want or add whatever you want.I have done the hard part to figure out what can be removed safely 100%,so now you can have peice of mind when it comes to what can be removed from a ROM.I give you a very slim base ROM to build off of,this is as close to a kitchen as you will get until we have somthing up and running with diffrent kernels and themes and boot animations etc... that you can pick and choose from.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

i may give this a shot. what does it mean by "gps fix?" does it mean it fixes the gps problems with froyo?

Most ROMs have a gps fix baked into them. Its not anything new. Its just another alternate possible fix to people's gps issues from my understanding. Some people claim its fixed their GPS, others still have issues.
    Paul

well there's no sense in sticking to a single rom. ill give it a shot. do i boot into clockwork, factory restore, then flash the new rom?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Added EXT4 no journaling update.zip (this must be installed after EXT4 conversion and before you install the ROM,thats if you want no journaling)
    what is this?

is there a way to customize the launcher built into this rom?

Quote Originally Posted by bojackson View Post
    is there a way to customize the launcher built into this rom?
    From what I understand Launcher Pro is used in this ROM, so it should be very customizable.
    Paul

do you know how to access it? i cant seem to find a way to customize it

what is this?
    It speeds up the already faster EXT4 system, by reducing the amount of writes to the filesystem. Roughly about a 15-20% increase in speed.

do you know how to access it? i cant seem to find a way to customize it
    Click menu>preferences.

Plus you can long press on the icons in the launcher and change things that way too.

Its a faster, very customizable launcher.
    Paul

Thanked by:
    cmax79 

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post

Click menu>preferences.

Plus you can long press on the icons in the launcher and change things that way too.

Its a faster, very customizable launcher.
    what im looking for is the settings option for the launcher. if its supposed to look anything like the app from the market, then i must be doing something wrong. and i dont have preferences when i hit menu

what im looking for is the settings option for the launcher. if its supposed to look anything like the app from the market, then i must be doing something wrong. and i dont have preferences when i hit menu

Sorry, I'm going off what I can read from the features list on the first post of this thread. I haven't run this ROM so I don't have a lot of info on it. It has Launcher Pro integrated, with custom icons/graphics. It should operate the same as Launcher Pro from the market.

From your Homescreen press Menu>Preferences. This brings up the full settings/preferences for Launcher Pro.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Sorry, I'm going off what I can read from the features list on the first post of this thread. I haven't run this ROM so I don't have a lot of info on it. It has Launcher Pro integrated, with custom icons/graphics. It should operate the same as Launcher Pro from the market.

From your Homescreen press Menu>Preferences. This brings up the full settings/preferences for Launcher Pro.
    i understand. i read the info on the first page, took a look at the source page. but from my homescreen, i dont have preferences when i hit menu. just add, wallpaper, search, notifications, and settings. maybe reflash the rom?

i understand. i read the info on the first page, took a look at the source page. but from my homescreen, i dont have preferences when i hit menu. just add, wallpaper, search, notifications, and settings. maybe reflash the rom?
    I just flashed this today, it is NOT Launcher Pro. I highly recommend downloading LP though.