I'll need more information:
1) what version of Android are you on now
2) do you already have a ROM, kernel or theme installed
3) what is the name of the ROM you're trying to flash
4) are you using Odin or Clockwork to flash it

thojmoto

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i just installed EXT4 so im on QuantumRom v2.5.
made a nandroid backup of that.
i flashed Frozen Emotionless Beast theme throught the new clockwork and started getting force closes on the gmail app.
tryed to flash back to the last nandroid i just made and got that message.

edit: used Clockwork v2.5.1.2 to try to flash back

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
does titanium backup still work if I am moving from 2.1 to 2.2? i backed up using that and still trying to get this method working for ext4

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i just installed EXT4 so im on QuantumRom v2.5.
made a nandroid backup of that.
i flashed Frozen Emotionless Beast theme throught the new clockwork and started getting force closes on the gmail app.
tryed to flash back to the last nandroid i just made and got that message.

edit: used Clockwork v2.5.1.2 to try to flash back

If the problem is your GMail app, try going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>GMail>Clear data and Clear cache

does titanium backup still work if I am moving from 2.1 to 2.2? i backed up using that and still trying to get this method working for ext4

I used MyBackup Pro, which is similar and it worked fine for me. As long as your backup is from a custom ROM you should be fine.

thojmoto

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
im a little more worried about why i can't flash back at this point. do u know how to fix that? thx for all the help btw ragnarokx i really appreciate it.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No problem at all. Is it possible you made your backup in the old Clockwork, and are trying to restore that backup in the new Clockwork?

thojmoto

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
im almost positive i did it in the new 1. coz i use quick boot to get to it, and i always use that method to boot into recovery

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
MD5 is a "fingerprint" so to speak that is used to check the integrity of files. For example, when you download a file from the internet to your computer you can use an MD5 checksum to confirm every last piece of that file was correctly downloaded.

If there's an MD5 mismatch, that means that the fingerprint Clockwork is expecting is different from the fingerprint on the file, and it aborts the restore process. That's why I postulated that it was a bad backup - because if there was an error while backing up, that would change the fingerprint of that backup file.

CalebConrad

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This is assuming you did not change the folder names and let Clockworkmod create them. I haven't had it happen until today, but it's not a nice message to see when you are trying to do a restore.

Code
Checking MD5 sums... MD5 mismatch!

To fix this problem use the code below. Substitute the final folder name for the backup you need to fix.

Code
adb shell # cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53 # rm nandroid.md5 # md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

When that finishes, re-run the restore and everything should be fine.

NOTE: There could be something really wrong with your nandroid, so use this tutorial as a learning experience and not a fix-all. In my case, everything was fine after restoring. However, that may not always be the case. Do this with caution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma