- 01-20-2011, 09:51 AM #526
Got a replacement phone yesterday and a new battery. Last night was the first full charge for the battery. So far the phone has been unplugged for 2 hours and I'm down to 80%. Ouch. Haven't done too much on the phone, maybe 20-30 mins this morning over breakfast reading news/sports on the internet.
I understand that it can take several days for a new battery to break in so not sure yet if this is going to fix itself.
Wireless, Bluetooth and GPS are all off. How do I check the time without signal? I don't see that when I check the battery usage.
- 01-20-2011, 09:52 AM #527
- 01-20-2011, 09:56 AM #528
- 01-20-2011, 10:00 AM #529
- 01-20-2011, 10:03 AM #530
- 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM #531
So I've flashed Rebirth on my and my wife's phone about a week ago, and things are still running great! This was the first flash I've ever done and it couldn't have been more simple to do it. Definitely worth the 15 minutes to figure out.
Yesterday I flashed some add-ons and wanted to provide some feedback in case anyone is on the fence on trying them.
- Browser Stock does indeed fix the "Long press-Save Image" issue.
- Power Button In Call Revert performs well.
- Mini Theme v1.5 takes a bit of a toll on the battery. Had to remove.
- Hulu App. I did an uninstall-updates on my adobe flash app and did flashed the Hulu app. It worked, and I can play videos on Hulu, though a little laggy. The only problem is when I exit out of the app, the audio continues to play. Btw, app and video does not do landscape mode.
This ROM is still the best thing thats happened to my Epic.
- 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM #532
- 01-20-2011, 10:54 AM #533
I have done some more testing concerning the Sprint NASCAR/FOOTBALL problems when using the Sprint Apps Restore. This is what I found out.
1.) Mini Theme v1.5 will not allow you to "initial boot up" of Nascar/Football.
Answer: Because I added for personalization to the Mini Theme v1.5 what they call a branding name change. When you goto your Lock screen or Notifications drop down it says TrulyEpic Rebirth. At the time I did this it was unknown this would effect certain Sprint apps from starting because the section that was modified is known as a Network branding change. Its harmless, doesn't do anything except mess with Sprint apps.
Solution: If you would like to use NASCAR or FOOTBALL from Sprint, flash Mini Theme v1.0 then go start NASCAR/FOOTBALL in 3g/4g mode only. This will allow the apps to get the "proper network certification" needed because it will now say "Sprint" instead of Truly Epic Rebirth. After you let those two Sprint apps start up for the first time you can go back into CWM and reflash Mini Theme v1.5 and everything will be fine.
I apologize for this inconvenience. It was something I never even considered/thought about. It's an easy fix and you can still use your NASCAR/FOOTBALL Sprint apps and enjoy Mini Theme v1.5.
NOTE: all other Sprint Restore apps work fine without the fix. They are not effected by this, so if you don't use Nascar/Football then disregard.
Last edited by Paul627g; 01-20-2011 at 11:07 AM.
- 01-20-2011, 11:10 AM #534
- 107 Posts
- SRF 1.1.1
Either way, give me something to chew on. 1.5 is an awesome theme and the phoenix wallpaper was a wonderful addition!
- 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM #535
- 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM #536
Bottom line its the price you pay for having a nicer/accurate battery meter verses the normal 10% battery meters.
- 01-20-2011, 11:43 AM #537
- 01-20-2011, 11:46 AM #538
- 01-20-2011, 12:01 PM #539
- 01-20-2011, 12:08 PM #540
- 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM #541
- 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM #542
- 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM #543
- 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM #544
- 286 Posts
I flashed the TrulyEpic Rebirth 1.2 ROM a couple of days ago and it is running great. My only issue is battery life. My Epic has been unplugged for about 4 hours today and used very little to check emails and it is down to 62% now! I have done the usual like toggle airplane mode and killed the DRM service. Any other suggestions.
- 01-20-2011, 12:22 PM #545
- 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM #546
- 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM #547
- 01-20-2011, 12:37 PM #548
- 01-20-2011, 12:37 PM #549
Something I did not know, when I went to download the file I got an error of:
Cannot Download. The content is not supported on this phone.
There's an app for that: Download All Files (Hwkrbbt software)
- 01-20-2011, 12:44 PM #550
Yes the stock browser doesn't except .zip files to my knowledge. I knew there was a fix I just never looked for it.