[ROM] TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5 AC - no planned EB13 update :'(

Rdjinc

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
is it just me

I flashed this morn (first time rooting and flashing) now when I send a pic it is upside down it was fine before i flashed ?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this morn (first time rooting and flashing) now when I send a pic it is upside down it was fine before i flashed ?

I just took a picture, send it to a friend and both parties saw the picture as right side up. Have you been able to replicate this problem? What app are you using to send it?

Is it necessary to preform the wipes if upgrading from 1.1?

It is. I actually tried not wiping and I had horrible slowdown and a very unstable system.

Grays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Ragnarokx, quick question I did some searching and couldn't find an answer but, If I go to the ext file system and use your rom does that update the bluetooth stack to where I would be able to use a wiimote to play emulators? i really want this functionality but everything I have read so far says no go on the Epic.

Thanks for your time!

Rdjinc

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I just took a picture, send it to a friend and both parties saw the picture as right side up. Have you been able to replicate this problem? What app are you using to send it?

It is. I actually tried not wiping and I had horrible slowdown and a very unstable system.

its working fine now I'm using handcent sorry it did it 2 times earler

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Ragnarokx, quick question I did some searching and couldn't find an answer but, If I go to the ext file system and use your rom does that update the bluetooth stack to where I would be able to use a wiimote to play emulators? i really want this functionality but everything I have read so far says no go on the Epic.

Thanks for your time!

Bluetooth should be the same on any Epic Froyo system, stock or custom ROM. If you're on Froyo now and it doesn't work, flashing a ROM won't change that. Sorry :(

its working fine now I'm using handcent sorry it did it 2 times earler

No worries, glad it's working for you.

Ragnarokx, How do I buy you a beer?

I greatly appreciate the offer, but it isn't necessary. Enjoy the ROM :D

st8shot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Another rooky to the android roms... just 1 question that I hope no1 has mentioned yet... is it necesary to update modem and pit files when upgrading to this rom? I recently upgraded to the stock dk28 rom from 2.1 and never did so, but everything is working fine other than GPS on my stock dk28. If I do need to update pit and modem files please hook me up with the necesary links to obtain these files. Thank u very much. Can't wait to try out this ROM. Sounds amazing!!!

rogodeter

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Sound issue

I was playing Live Holdem Pro (I have no idea if this app caused the issue, since it has just happened once so far)... I played a lot of live holdem (probably too much), on my stock epic and this was not an issue, so I am GUESSING it is this ROM causing it.

While playing this morning, the audio started to intermittently fail. When audio is supposed to play, I instead get static that follows the cadence of the audio... So seems like the audio driver got hosed and the audio files are being invoked, just not coming out of the speaker as intended. Reboot fixed it.. for now.

I'm running 1.1 beta, have not yet upgraded to the newly posted 1.2.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a simple question - Is this ROM formatted strickly for EXT4 or is this a Dual ROM? I had an earlier version of TE and really liked it w/the exception that I couldn't get PRL & Profile updates.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Another rooky to the android roms... just 1 question that I hope no1 has mentioned yet... is it necesary to update modem and pit files when upgrading to this rom? I recently upgraded to the stock dk28 rom from 2.1 and never did so, but everything is working fine other than GPS on my stock dk28. If I do need to update pit and modem files please hook me up with the necesary links to obtain these files. Thank u very much. Can't wait to try out this ROM. Sounds amazing!!!

No you don't need to update your modem if your already on DK28 Froyo. Follow the instructions on the first post and enjoy.

I was playing Live Holdem Pro (I have no idea if this app caused the issue, since it has just happened once so far)... I played a lot of live holdem (probably too much), on my stock epic and this was not an issue, so I am GUESSING it is this ROM causing it.

While playing this morning, the audio started to intermittently fail. When audio is supposed to play, I instead get static that follows the cadence of the audio... So seems like the audio driver got hosed and the audio files are being invoked, just not coming out of the speaker as intended. Reboot fixed it.. for now.

I've been helping Ragnarokx do the testing for these ROMs and to my knowledge nothing concerning audio/video files or configurations has been changed. All should still be stock DK28 Froyo audio/video files. Ragnarokx will correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a simple question - Is this ROM formatted strickly for EXT4 or is this a Dual ROM? I had an earlier version of TE and really liked it w/the exception that I couldn't get PRL & Profile updates.

This ROM is formatted to run EXT4 w/Edify & ClockWorkMod v3.0.0.5 only. See instructions in first post.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Just in case anyone was wondering using v1.2 and quadrant standard my benchmarks were 1224, 1568, 1584. Not sure if it matters since this is basically a stock rom with no modifications to the kernal.

Last edited:

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This has been the first ROM I've tried on any phone. It works great. I only have one question.
1. Is there a way to change the function of the power button? I've always used that to lock the screen (and hang up on every call I've placed since this ROM . : )

thanks....

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just in case anyone was wondering using v1.2 and quadrant standard my benchmarks were 1224, 1568, 1584. Not sure if it matters since this is basically a stock rom with no modifications to the kernal.

Smartbench 2010 Scores

Productivity Index: 1167
Games Index: 2744

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I use audio multiple times daily and haven't had any problems. Let me know if it continues happening.

This has been the first ROM I've tried on any phone. It works great. I only have one question.
1. Is there a way to change the function of the power button? I've always used that to lock the screen (and hang up on every call I've placed since this ROM . : )

thanks....

Flash this zip in Clockwork.

Awesome, does anyone know a good place to get a .zip full of nice font?

I posted a flashable zip of the font from Bonzai4All ROM in the first post if you want to try that out.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just ran smart bench a few times and the best I got was:
Productivity: 1058
Games: 2530

I got my best score on my second run out of four tries. Everytime I did a benchmark I got something different. This ROM is smooth and stable which is the most important thing.

mredamon

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
On this and all other Froyo ROMs that I have tried, the browser is different from the stock DK28 browser in that it has two bugs that I have noticed:

1) I am able to select text by long pressing, then a multi choice option appears: copy, search, or share - if I choose copy, the browser returns a message that says: "Resets your password. Administrator will send you temporary password to log in" - however the copy operation still succeeds

2) I am able to long press images and select the option to save image, but once I select save image, the browser force closes.

#1 is obviously not a huge problem but #2 is more annoying. I like to save images and use them. Anyone shed light on why the browser is different from DK28?