1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry battery meter not working

Ok so I've never had problems with my epic until now, I did the cwm3 and truely epic rom, after a couple of days my battey meter said it was still charging when it was unplugged, and it it sometimes says I have the usb plugged in and I don't then it won't turn on with out taking out the battery and inserting the charger right after. Here's what I've tryed
    -different chargers and usb cables
    -restarting a lot of times
    -factory reset and rom reinstall
    -odin to flash back to factory

Nothing works and I don't have time to go to a sprint store, the nearest one is about 45 mins away from where I live and I am very busy

Please post if you can help its giving me a hard time because when I try to reset it or if it turns off I have to wait until I get home to turn it back on

Best suggestion is to Odin back to factory. See how things are working on factory Eclair. If things are still acting up then its something hardware related with your phone. Almost sounds like this all could be battery related, possibly a battery gone bad?

If things are working fine then you probably had a bad upgrade/flash to CWM3 and TrulyEpic Rebirth. I doubt there is anything ROM related causing this, since this is the first we have heard of this.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It did not work, I might have to go into a sprint store sometime soon but if anyone knows anything about this please feel free t post

Are you saying that a complete factory reset using Odin to Eclair doesn'g stop your battery charging problems? If so then you need to visit your local Sprint replacement/repair department.
    Paul

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

I would be sure you Odin back to check it for 2 reasons - that might be the problem and I know my local repair store would take one look, go bezerk, then notate in my account - rooted phone, do not touch ever again, warranty gone.

Obviously, I went in one time and this happened, had to upgrade phones before I could ever get one worked on again.

@nmoreman, I already stated this in previous posts to Odin back to factory Eclair and if the problem still existed then suggested that it was probably a hardware/battery defect and should contact/visit a local sprint store/rep.

On a side note if everyone that comes to this forum and reads the forum posted warnings (as they should), they would know that rooting or installing anything other than official ROM (in this case Eclair 2.1 DI18) would understand that Sprint will not honor any warranty with your phone that current state and would be grounds for Sprint to consider your warranty voided if they choose.
    Paul

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM

Paul,
    I did read your post, but I was trying to make this point - he better do it anyway before he walks into a Sprint Repair Store or there can be consequence, regardless if its faulty hardware that should be covered or not.

I spaced resetting my phone once when I had a problem and that is what happened, I just wanted to be sure if he was new at rooting and roms that he
    and anyone else reading this followed those proper procedures. In other words,
    cya

No problem, I am simply trying to cut down on repeated posts and also anyone who decides to take on rooting their phones should already understand that this is a void of their warranty terms being that you are altering you phone by means not approved by the manufacturers or individual carriers.

Were good. No problems here.
    Paul

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm still going to try to take it to a sprint store in th weekend, most reps don't even know what rooting is lol and I hate that the red or blue light is on always because of this so if the warranty is voided then I might get the shift because its cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Chedda View Post
    I'm still going to try to take it to a sprint store in th weekend, most reps don't even know what rooting is lol and I hate that the red or blue light is on always because of this so if the warranty is voided then I might get the shift because its cheaper
    What ended up happening after taking your Epic into Sprint? I started having this same problem two days after i upgraded to DK28. I may go in to sprint too, but I am curious how they treated the situation.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

They told me that dk28 wasn't the official release on the epic and that they couldn't help because it was a testing version and not intended for costumers. I'm going t go again after I odin again to dk18

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM

I guess you didn't read post #5, go back to stock before you go to store with a problem. You are lucky they didn't notate and will look at it again.

This is a very important thing to do in order not to void your warranty, you need to make it look like you didn't break it, which is what Sprint thinks root and roms do, and they can use this not to service your phone.

I learned the hard way, why I wrote this very important suggestion, should be rule, unless you know your Service Center and they will not object. Mine does.

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I guess you didn't read post #5, go back to stock before you go to store with a problem. You are lucky they didn't notate and will look at it again.

This is a very important thing to do in order not to void your warranty, you need to make it look like you didn't break it, which is what Sprint thinks root and roms do, and they can use this not to service your phone.

I learned the hard way, why I wrote this very important suggestion, should be rule, unless you know your Service Center and they will not object. Mine does.
    We did make this clear about resetting the phone back to factory Eclair using Odin. Their decision to take our advice is up to them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Paul

It appears that I am having the same problem, or something real similar. Should I follow the instructions to; "New: Restore to Froyo DK28", or "Restore to Eclair DI18 Using Windows" http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...ked-phone.html

Should I restore to DI18 before I try to restore to DK28 to fix the problem, and would a factory reset do anything? Again, it didn't have this problem for the first couple of days.

Thanks for your help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaram View Post
    It appears that I am having the same problem, or something real similar. Should I follow the instructions to; "New: Restore to Froyo DK28", or "Restore to Eclair DI18 Using Windows" http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...ked-phone.html

Should I restore to DI18 before I try to restore to DK28 to fix the problem, and would a factory reset do anything? Again, it didn't have this problem for the first couple of days.

Thanks for your help guys!
    I would try Odin back to stock Eclair, this way you know you completely reset everything to the way it was when you purchased the phone.
    Paul

I'll try this, then if the problem is fixed, i will try to restore to DK28.
    Thanks!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I did odin back to dl18 but I realized that dint fix it so I went to dk28 the next day

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Chedda View Post
    I did odin back to dl18 but I realized that dint fix it so I went to dk28 the next day
    Are you still having the problem with the charging port?
    I am on DK28 and I am going to go back to DI18 to see if my battery/charging port is caused by a bad software upgrade. But if you are still having the problem, it seems that it is the charging port that is causing the problem, wouldn't it? If I have the same results as you, I am going to take it into a Sprint store after I Odin back. Wouldn't you want to take it into a Sprint store too if the software isn't causing the problems?

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Occasionaly I would have a simmilar problem where I would be down to 28%or lower battery left then reboot the phone because it was running slow . After restart it would say 5% battery left and low battery warning but I could go for a few hours andit wouldn't drop battery level any lower. A reset wouldn't fix it usualy. It would only get better if I charge the phone for awhile then reset it then it would put the battery % up where it sould be. This happened on di18 and dk28 with truly epic rom. Same thing causing this or not. Don't know

@kra2y, from what saying this happening on Eclair and Froyo then that definately rules out Froyo or any Froyo custom ROM from causing this issue.

I keep falling back on the idea this could be battery related or possibly a hardware issue in the phone. Wouldn't be the first time a battery or series of batteries went sour way before their time.
    Paul

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Ya. I knew it wasn't rom related. My phone is only 2 months old and it has done that to me 4 to 6 times. Only if its reset when the battery is getting low. Not to wrried about it.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

I got some generic batteries coming from ebay and will try to reproduce with them as well