Galaxy Tab Email in Epic

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My phone is running DK28 (stock), and is rooted. I got the apk, and odex files for the galaxy tab email, and I would like to install them on my phone. I tried using Astro to replace them, but it did not work.

Can this be done? How is it done? .

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You might need to get it in a flashable zip format and flash it. Or add it to the app folder of whatever rom you want to flash. Just make sure you remove the old email app.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My phone is running DK28 (stock), and is rooted. I got the apk, and odex files for the galaxy tab email, and I would like to install them on my phone. I tried using Astro to replace them, but it did not work.

Can this be done? How is it done? .

First question for you.

- Did you upgrade to Froyo using the update.zip (SD Card) method or did you upgrade to Froyo using the Odin method?

Why I ask? Just to find out where you are in the Froyo DK28 installation.. You say your rooted, do you also have CWM installed? In your case CWM v2.x.x.x

Get back to me and we can get you a flashable zip or whatever you need to get you on the right track.

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I installed the DK28 thru the update.zip. I then rooted with zRoot. I also have CWM which I did by Odin when I rooted.

I have the .apk and .odex files, but if you have better way I am all for it.

Thanks for the help.

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Do I rename it update.zip? Do I have to remove any files, or simply flash from CWM over the existing install? Sorry all the questions, and thanks a million for your help.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
in clock work you can install any zip, just go down to where it says install zip from sd card. i would remove the old email apk to not have any conflicts, but thats just me...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do I rename it update.zip? Do I have to remove any files, or simply flash from CWM over the existing install? Sorry all the questions, and thanks a million for your help.

Just leave the file as is, go into CWM

Install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>Galaxy Tab Email_CWM2.zip

That is it. The flash/zip will overwrite your existing Email.apk, no need to manually delete it.

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I actually had 3.0.0.5 CWM installed, and in my haste It tried to convert everything to EXT4. Now I have to start over.

masetas

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I updated to 2.2 by first odin then installed the clockwork mod and ext 4 then the rom can i also install that zip and not have any issues. Also was it resized for the epic or is it still set for the galaxy tab size? TIA

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I updated to 2.2 by first odin then installed the clockwork mod and ext 4 then the rom can i also install that zip and not have any issues. Also was it resized for the epic or is it still set for the galaxy tab size? TIA

I used it on my friends Fascinate (running the leaked Froyo), and it is correctly sized. I was not however able to get it to work on my Epic (Froyo DK28 rooted). It simply FC when its opened. I know its included into the Quantum ROM correctly sized, but that ROM has bluetooth issues on my phone. The file provided by Paul627g is easy to install. Good luck, and let me know it works for you, and what ROM you are using.

Chief85

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does this app not support push/IMAP Idle? Even with Gmail set up using IMAP, the emails don't come until refreshed or it checks for new mail, and there is no option for "as items arrive."

What's the deal with that? Very disappointing, unless I'm missing something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci