List: Stock Apps and their .apk files (for removal)

sandman512

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Looking for the Sprint Navigation APK file

Was playing around and I know can't find it. Strange, it looks like it's on Titanium Backup, but I can't restore it. THANKS!

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Removing bloatware

So I downloaded linda file manager and I was thinking of deleting some bloat ware. My question is what can I remove without effecting my phone?

Amazonmp3.apk
Drmua.apk
freehdgamedemos.apk
Mediahubv102_epic4g.apk
Nascar09-prod-release.apk

Are they all ok to remove? What others can I remove?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded linda file manager and I was thinking of deleting some bloat ware. My question is what can I remove without effecting my phone?

Amazonmp3.apk
Drmua.apk
freehdgamedemos.apk
Mediahubv102_epic4g.apk
Nascar09-prod-release.apk

Are they all ok to remove? What others can I remove?

To my knowledge, Linda File Manager won't let your delete them. You can access them from a computer and delete them if you are rooted. Root explorer will also let you do it if you are rooted.

kstar12droid

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Rooting samsung epic 4g

So if i root my samsung epic can i then remove all the bloatware that came with ec05 update. sprint id, and also other apps like sprint navigation, free hd games, etc.......?

Complexity

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I initially deleted AllShare but now want to reload it since recently purchasing a Samsung TV with AllShare installed...I've tried reinstalling via sdk, but it isn't working...neither is going directly to the file in the back-up folder and attempting a reinstall.

Any suggestions?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I initially deleted AllShare but now want to reload it since recently purchasing a Samsung TV with AllShare installed...I've tried reinstalling via sdk, but it isn't working...neither is going directly to the file in the back-up folder and attempting a reinstall.

Any suggestions?

It has to be "restored" from backup, to the folder it was originally in. In this case the \system\data folder, not the \data folder that it will put it in when just "installing" it like any other apk file. Once it's in the \system\data folder, it should show up, although a reboot may be necessary.

kayjay03

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
What about that annoying app Qik. Came with the phone, and couldn't uninstall it. Then upgraded to GB, and it added another one. So I have two of the same apps that I don't use, and I can't uninstall neither. :mad:

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
With GB, after using SDX Stock App Remover, Media Hub, football, Nascar and TeleNav show up in My Apps at the bottom as Not Installed. I've removed a lot of bloatware and it's only those four that are stuck in the list.

How do I get them out of that list? Under Manage Applications, the clear data, clear cache and clear defaults buttons are now NEVER active so if poking one or more of them would kick those apps off My Apps, they've been made un-pokeable.

I also have tried booting into ACS recovery and wiping the cache partition. That didn't cure this problem.

Is there some list of apps Market has that can be edited?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
With GB, after using SDX Stock App Remover, Media Hub, football, Nascar and TeleNav show up in My Apps at the bottom as Not Installed. I've removed a lot of bloatware and it's only those four that are stuck in the list.

How do I get them out of that list? Under Manage Applications, the clear data, clear cache and clear defaults buttons are now NEVER active so if poking one or more of them would kick those apps off My Apps, they've been made un-pokeable.

I also have tried booting into ACS recovery and wiping the cache partition. That didn't cure this problem.

Is there some list of apps Market has that can be edited?

Use ES File Explorer from the Market..

Navigate to /system/app

Then check and see if those apps are really removed...

Plus they would have files for those apps listed in /data/app/

SDX may be hiding them but not completely removing them..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech