Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help!!! GPS

So I rooted my phone and have tried a few diffrent roms and for some reason on every one of them my gps will not work. It just says searching for location and it will never find me. Can any one help me??? I use my gps all the time and i dont want to flash my phone back to stock.

There are a number of fixes for GPS issues if you look in the sticky section of the ROM forum... these seem to help most people... the other option is to flash back to stock with Odin, get a lock, then start over with a reroot and reflash. If this still does not fix the issue, try a hardware swap... my original Epic had occasional GPS issues as well... my current one works perfectly with every single custom ROM that does not have rom-specific GPS issues... good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by DubzEm View Post
    So I rooted my phone and have tried a few diffrent roms and for some reason on every one of them my gps will not work. It just says searching for location and it will never find me. Can any one help me??? I use my gps all the time and i dont want to flash my phone back to stock.

Four Ways to Fix GPS Problems in Froyo
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

I am so amazed at your patient responses after someone has to page right by the GPS sticky to post that question.