4G not working after Froyo Root

freedumb87

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have scoured the forums and google and I'm having a hard time finding an answer to my issue. I recently had my phone repaired by Samsung due to a bad USB port. After re-activating the phone I went ahead and rooted and installed TrulyEpic Rebirth Rom. All was well until I switched on 4G. My phone froze momentarily and then pulse-vibrated a couple times and rebooted. This cycled over and over until I was fast enough to turn off 4G.

Here's my dilemma. I didn't test 4G immediately after getting the phone back from Samsung. I rooted and installed the ROMS first. I didn't even think about that being a possible problem. I do, however, know that it worked before I sent to Samsung.

I went ahead and went back to DI18 (Eclair) and tried 4G. This time it didn't crash or cycle reboot but 4G never connected. It would attempt to connect and fail over and over. I then tried just plain Froyo and it did the cycle reboot until I switched 4G off.

I'm thinking there are 3 possible causes here:
1) Samsung fixed my USB port but something happened to the 4G radio.
2) Something messed up during the reactivation/provisioning of my account when moving back to the Epic while temporarily using my Palm Pre.
3) Something went wrong during the rooting/rom installation. However, this process seemed to work fine.

I have read a few posts with similar issues on the EVO but haven't come across this on the Epic. Thanks for any input on this.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to lean towards answer #1. Today I used 4g with no trouble at all on TER 1.2 and also TER 1.5.

freedumb87

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to lean towards answer #1. Today I used 4g with no trouble at all on TER 1.2 and also TER 1.5.

Yeah, my wife has an unrooted EVO and her 4G is working fine here so I know 4G service is not the problem.

Grrrr. I don't want to send my phone back in. I missed my Epic while it was getting repaired. It felt wrong having to use the Pre for a week and a half.