Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 443
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcahan119 View Post
    I am so frustrated right now. My phone is currently running a non rooted DK 28. I tried to follow the steps to restore a bricked phone or to send it back to eclair. My computer will not install the drivers correctly so I can't beyond step one. Is there a way to upgrade directly from DK28 to EB13 without rooting my phone? Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Both my epic and my laptop are about two seconds from flying through the window.
    One thing i recall from just doing this myself is that IF it does not work on one computer, try another. And confirm you have the correct drivers for each (32 v. 64). Sorry this isn't more helpful.

    are you using Odin?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcahan119 View Post
    I am so frustrated right now. My phone is currently running a non rooted DK 28. I tried to follow the steps to restore a bricked phone or to send it back to eclair. My computer will not install the drivers correctly so I can't beyond step one. Is there a way to upgrade directly from DK28 to EB13 without rooting my phone? Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Both my epic and my laptop are about two seconds from flying through the window.

    Try using these drivers instead..

    Troubleshooting
    If you're having problems getting Odin to recognize your phone, try uninstalling the Samsung drivers you downloaded from the link above, and download and install this driver (select "Software" at the bottom; it should say "Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1.0)") instead
    .

    Any further questions post them in the [How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)
    section and we can help you there..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. #28  

    Default

    Me and my wife thank you so very much from Puerto Rico,god bles you...
  4. #29  

    Default

    I mean,bless you,sorry...
  5. #30  

    Default

    I know this is dumb but I'm just new to Android. IF I root and remove bloatware from my phone (Sprint Nascar for example) will this factory restore put all the apps back on so I can upgrade or still get waranty work?

    I guess I'm asking if I tweak my phone and then do this restore is my phone back to the way Sprint wants me to have it?
  6. #31  

    Default Help

    I'm running the leaked froyo on my epic and am using the truly epic rebirth rom. I've tried twice using the odin method and it didn't work and seemingly bricked my phone, showing the cell phone and computer symbol. All I want is to update my phone to eb13. If you have any tips or preferably another method that would be greatly appreciated.
  7. #32  

    Default

    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..

    and it freezes... has happened a few times.... ugh getting frustrated.... need this phone for work too..... ASAP if at all possible.

    Cancel that. i'm going back to DK28 then going to EB13 seeing if that will work DK28 worked and am about to try going to EB13
    Last edited by bmbaker2k5; 02-27-2011 at 07:34 AM.
  8. #33  

    Default

    Could I use the Odin method to flash my phone to factory still. I did the Samsung update to eb13 from their site and there's waaaaay to many bugs.
  9. #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citiz View Post
    Could I use the Odin method to flash my phone to factory still. I did the Samsung update to eb13 from their site and there's waaaaay to many bugs.
    Yes.
  10. #35  

    Default

    one last noob question (SMH). If I decided to add a custom rom to my phone could I flash back to factory when there was a better eb13 update from Samsung or would I be stuck with the rom?

    I'm thinking about adding a custom rom and I'm making sure there is a way to reverse it if I want to.
  11. #36  

    Default

    Use Odin in post #1 to reverse any setup you have.
  12. #37  
    ShaLea's Avatar

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default

    OK. I think I'm ready to move from DK28 to EB13. Is it ok to do procedure #1 in the OP post even though I'm on DK28 (which seems like a 1-step process to EB13), or do I have to do procedure #2 (which seems like a multi-step process)? I understand that procedure #1 will wipe the phone.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaLea View Post
    OK. I think I'm ready to move from DK28 to EB13. Is it ok to do procedure #1 in the OP post even though I'm on DK28 (which seems like a 1-step process to EB13), or do I have to do procedure #2 (which seems like a multi-step process)? I understand that procedure #1 will wipe the phone.
    Yes procedure #1 will get you from where ever you are currently to EB13 stock. Then you can do as you please from there.

    Any process used with Odin will wipe your phone.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  14. #39  

    Default Bricked? Wtf? Help?

    So I'm trying to flash back to stock for this new update and I've done it over 10 times before. Now when I use Odin everything starts off fine, but when it gets to factoryfpsrfs whatever it is...the whole process freezes up and the screen on the phone changes to a color. I tried to restart a couple times..phone went blue one time..went yellow another time. What's going on?


    Even switched between v1 and v1.61 odin and still getting the same result. Screen just turned pruple. Really irritating.
    Last edited by JLGP2007; 03-01-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Adding Details
  15. #40  
    Donmeister85's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

    Default

    Your best bet is to use the Samsung installer. I don't know if it's still available for download, but I had problems trying to flash my phone to stock using Odin too. I just downloaded the installer from Samsung's website and followed the instructions. Got me to stock EB13 with no problem. If it's not available for download, I can link you to my dropbox folder where you can download it from there. You'll have to wait until I'm off work though.
  16. #41  

    Default

    Thanks for the help. I'm trying that now and hopefully it works, but I would still very much appreciate the drop box.
  17. #42  

    Default

    Would it work on a bricked phone though. I mean my phone does nothing.
  18. #43  
    Donmeister85's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLGP2007 View Post
    Would it work on a bricked phone though. I mean my phone does nothing.
    Are you still able to get into download mode by pressing "1" on the phone keyboard + Power? Should be able to get you working just fine. You didn't unplug the phone too soon in Odin did you? It was mentioned in a post to wait 5 minutes before it "stops responding" because in that time, what ever it was doing should have been completed.
  19. #44  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLGP2007 View Post
    So I'm trying to flash back to stock for this new update and I've done it over 10 times before. Now when I use Odin everything starts off fine, but when it gets to factoryfpsrfs whatever it is...the whole process freezes up and the screen on the phone changes to a color. I tried to restart a couple times..phone went blue one time..went yellow another time. What's going on?


    Even switched between v1 and v1.61 odin and still getting the same result. Screen just turned pruple. Really irritating.
    Please verify the following

    make sure you install the latest drivers HERE

    Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use another port

    Disable any anti-virus software

    if these things dont work try flashing odin with the battery out of the phone
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Please verify the following

    make sure you install the latest drivers HERE

    Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use another port

    Disable any anti-virus software

    if these things dont work try flashing odin with the battery out of the phone
    @Droidxcon, if you notice in my troubleshoots>1st post>first procedure I now list you comments on pulling the battery and trying to enter download mode without the battery in the device. It worked before when you recommended it so it is now part of the troubleshoot! Good job.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  21. #46  
    Donmeister85's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    @Droidxcon, if you notice in my troubleshoots>1st post>first procedure I now list you comments on pulling the battery and trying to enter download mode without the battery in the device. It worked before when you recommended it so it is now part of the troubleshoot! Good job.
    That's pretty interesting. Didn't know about being able to do that until now.
  22. #47  

    Default

    how do i get the sprint files back on the phone like it was when I got it.... i never backed it up ... am i stuck in the mud and will not be able to upgrade???? please help
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digenius View Post
    how do i get the sprint files back on the phone like it was when I got it.... i never backed it up ... am i stuck in the mud and will not be able to upgrade???? please help
    You have to options. Use procedure #2 and you will completely restore to factory Eclair 2.1 (DI18) as the phone was originally shipped.

    Use procedure #1 and you will have stock Froyo EB13.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  24. #49  

    Default

    the reason I asked was because when i tried to upgrade before it stated that I was missing asphalt demo... and i wanted to know if i did option 1 will it still work. or should i do option 2 first....
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

    Default

    If you want stock EB13 Froyo then just go straight to #1. It will install no matter what your missing
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions