Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

you dont keep the baterry in?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by cainstuh View Post
    you dont keep the baterry in?
    well usually you do but if you are having problems it usually helps to leave the battery out and go into download mode... it allows for a more steady voltage

Those directions are for a fasinate but they are identical besides the methods of getting into download mode
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Do you have a AIM or MSN i can speak to you directly on? Much Appriciated

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Do you have a AIM or MSN i can speak to you directly on? Much Appriciated
    check your pm inbox

Default i want to update to 2.2

Does anyone still have the official 2.2 download from the samsung website? i just got my phone and I miss the update. Can anyone help me out?

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

go here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...ked-phone.html

you will want to look at option one.

Quote Originally Posted by EMALE2K10 View Post
    Does anyone still have the official 2.2 download from the samsung website? i just got my phone and I miss the update. Can anyone help me out?

Really? Stay on the stock rom,it's better. May I suggest reading up on installing a custom rom. I did EXTENSIVE research on here on how to do it. So far I've tried out almost all of the Froyo custom roms. My wife was getting pissed at me because I wasn't watching TV with her, I was busy checking out different roms.
    I'll probably stay custom until Gingerbread, I'll revert using Odin then I'll find a custom Gingerbread rom...

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Easy way to EB13 is http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...-rfs-ext4.html. Once this is done you will be rooted and ready to install a ROM of your choice such as ACE. The only issue I have found so far is BT voice dialing doesn't work but I believe it is being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by EMALE2K10 View Post
    See post #1: New: Flash/Restore to Froyo EB13

I was trying to put the ViperRom on my epic, but i went to fast on everything and forgot to root im guessing and idk it just didnt work! so when i try to start my phone it comes to a screen with a computer and a little andriod person!
    i have the stock rom and downloaded twice, i have Odin 1.0, 1.3, 1.7 and the correct PIT files. PLEASE help me i dont know what to do ! i need my phone asap thanks ALOT

[ i had tried putting gingerbread to ;; ]
    See post #1 for instructions on how to use Odin to return to stock. If you get stuck at any particular step, post which one.

Quick Question - does this file (SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5) need to have the ".md5" removed from the file name before flashing with Odin or does it matter?

If it doesn't work with .md5, try without.
    Thanked by:
    Tahe 

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Md5 is a checksum it will work without it but if its not working with it I would redownload and recheck connections before attempting to bypass the check
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If it doesn't work with .md5, try without.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Tahe 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Md5 is a checksum it will work without it but if its not working with it I would redownload and recheck connections before attempting to bypass the check

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
    Actually until recently I always removed the ".md5" because that is what we were always told to do back months ago. Now it seems everyone is rewriting the directions again and saying to use the ".md5". I guess either way its your choice. I understand the purpose behind the checksum.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    Tahe 

@ragnarokx, DroidXcon, and Paul627g -

Thanks so much for the responses to my questions.. for the past couple days I haven't updated yet, b/c I was still in "should I or shouldn't I" mode. I've pretty much made up my mind that I will install the EB13 update via Odin and the camera fix kernel in the very near future.

Depending on how that goes I may even consider rooting and flashing a custom rom. I have my eye on the "one stop shop" (EB13, pre-rooted, CWM3EXT4...)

...I ramble...thanks, again. I'll be sure to chime and let you know when I do it and how it's going/goes.

Windows 32-bit

Trying to go to DI18 from the leaked Froyo that came out in november or whenever

Odin stalls at param.lfs every time. Help?

nevermind, used common troubleshoot tip Try it over and over until it works and it worked
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

Glad it worked.. Yep rooting can be a pain in the rear sometimes... As much as I have rooted time and time again there has been a few occasions where I had to run it 3 or 4 times to get it to take.
    Paul

Thanks Paul627g! Restored my Samsung back to Froyo EB13. It worked beautifully without any hiccups.

This thread is magical!! I reset my Epic using Procedure 1 and it worked great.

I had a small scare where Odin said the process failed. When I unplugged my phone I got some image on my screen and couldn't do anything (power on/off, ect.). As directed in the troubleshooting, I took the battery out and all went well
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    This thread is magical!! I reset my Epic using Procedure 1 and it worked great.

I had a small scare where Odin said the process failed. When I unplugged my phone I got some image on my screen and couldn't do anything (power on/off, ect.). As directed in the troubleshooting, I took the battery out and all went well
    Great to hear! Taking out the battery to run Odin does work miracles..
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Great to hear! Taking out the battery to run Odin does work miracles..
    It sure does!! Now I'm gonna root my Epic to include CWM3. I bought the phone rooted from eBay but it had CWM2 and I couldn't update it for whatever reason. I'm read everything 5 times first before I attempt to root
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

ROM
    NuSense ICS

cannot get DI18 to reinstall even with odin. the md5 file from this post. it crashes out. ive re downloaded it. and odin. repeatedly. and it still glitches. i want to go back to DI18 so i can try to get EC05 running. any better links?

Try removing the .md5 from the filename.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

This is where I got my DI18 tar file back a few months ago
    Paul

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast