- 03-27-2011, 01:33 AM #126
- 03-27-2011, 04:51 PM #127
- 3 Posts
I am trying to flash DI18 thru Odin, but I've hit a snag. I managed to install the samsung usb drivers and downloaded Odin and the .tar and .pit files. But when I start up my phone in download mode and plug it in, windows or Odin won't recognize my phone being plugged in. Any ideas?
- Disable all anti virus software on computer
- Pull your battery on the phone then plug in your cable and boot into Download Mode without your battery in the device. Then attempt to run the Odin package without the battery in the phone.
- Also can try a different USB port/Cable.
- 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM #129
- 03-29-2011, 07:21 AM #131
- 03-29-2011, 02:24 PM #132
- 03-29-2011, 02:33 PM #134
- 03-29-2011, 02:33 PM #135
I would try a different cable, possibly the cable was damaged when it was pulled unexpectedly and is not providing the proper connections. Usually you can pull the battery and leave it out and then attempt to boot into download mode. If you can't get into download mode then you have a true hard brick.
- 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM #137
Its possible, not positive on the second file.. I know our fellow AC Adviser said boot.bin was one of two files that are the "no no's" to have something go wrong while flashing.. Actually that same Adviser just true hard bricked his device last night, dropped it while it was flashing the boot.bin. I assume its packaged up and on its way to Samsung right now...
- 03-29-2011, 02:48 PM #139
You could attempt that but if I remember correct Sprint/Sammy/Google has a backup in place that won't allow the update to begin if your battery is at or near the 20% battery warning... Be creative.... No matter what you say I'm sure they have heard it all before, just finding the right Sprint rep that is going to work with you..
If Sprint doesn't want to replace it then you can try your luck with Samsung. The process is a bit longer with Sammy, something like 8-10 business days I heard. Worst case situation with Sprint is they hit you up for your insurance plan and it cost you the $35 bucks or whatever it is..
- 03-29-2011, 03:17 PM #141
- 03-29-2011, 08:54 PM #143
Is it ironic that when I tried the second procedure it bricked my phone? Isn't this supposed to fix that?
I know it is probably my fault but still kinda funny lol.
Anyway I need some help. I did it word for word by the instructions but it stopped in the middle and then after a few seconds the phone went to a blue screen and now it wont boot, it just freezes at the Samsung screen. PLEASE help me. I'd rather not get a new phone as money is tight these days.
Thanks in advance.
- 03-29-2011, 09:19 PM #145
Sometimes... Are you able to get into download mode? If so does Odin recognize your phone? Remember too cables can make or break the whole process too...
Sent from my Epic 4g....
- 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM #147
Which version are you currently running? I take it your attempting to go back to Eclair 2.1 ? If you are doing the Eclair restore you have your pit file in place and your tar file in PDA slot. Then u have just auto reboot checked?
Otherwise try redownloading the tar file package, possible something was corrupted in the download.
Bottom line if your in Odin then there is hope.
Sent from my Epic 4g....
- 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM #149
- 03-29-2011, 11:14 PM #150