[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Would it work on a bricked phone though. I mean my phone does nothing.

Are you still able to get into download mode by pressing "1" on the phone keyboard + Power? Should be able to get you working just fine. You didn't unplug the phone too soon in Odin did you? It was mentioned in a post to wait 5 minutes before it "stops responding" because in that time, what ever it was doing should have been completed.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm trying to flash back to stock for this new update and I've done it over 10 times before. Now when I use Odin everything starts off fine, but when it gets to factoryfpsrfs whatever it is...the whole process freezes up and the screen on the phone changes to a color. I tried to restart a couple times..phone went blue one time..went yellow another time. What's going on?

Even switched between v1 and v1.61 odin and still getting the same result. Screen just turned pruple. Really irritating.

Please verify the following

make sure you install the latest drivers HERE

Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use another port

Disable any anti-virus software

if these things dont work try flashing odin with the battery out of the phone

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Please verify the following

make sure you install the latest drivers HERE

Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use another port

Disable any anti-virus software

if these things dont work try flashing odin with the battery out of the phone

@Droidxcon, if you notice in my troubleshoots>1st post>first procedure I now list you comments on pulling the battery and trying to enter download mode without the battery in the device. It worked before when you recommended it so it is now part of the troubleshoot! Good job.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
@Droidxcon, if you notice in my troubleshoots>1st post>first procedure I now list you comments on pulling the battery and trying to enter download mode without the battery in the device. It worked before when you recommended it so it is now part of the troubleshoot! Good job.

That's pretty interesting. Didn't know about being able to do that until now.

digenius@yahoo.com

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
how do i get the sprint files back on the phone like it was when I got it.... i never backed it up ... am i stuck in the mud and will not be able to upgrade???? please help

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
how do i get the sprint files back on the phone like it was when I got it.... i never backed it up ... am i stuck in the mud and will not be able to upgrade???? please help

You have to options. Use procedure #2 and you will completely restore to factory Eclair 2.1 (DI18) as the phone was originally shipped.

Use procedure #1 and you will have stock Froyo EB13.

digenius@yahoo.com

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
the reason I asked was because when i tried to upgrade before it stated that I was missing asphalt demo... and i wanted to know if i did option 1 will it still work. or should i do option 2 first....

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want stock EB13 Froyo then just go straight to #1. It will install no matter what your missing

epic0001

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Help!!! Phone wont turn on or charge!!

Phone was working great on froyo eb13 rooted with one click 2.5.

Downloaded the logprovider.apk on xda in order to remove sms from call log, installed and kept getting a force close andriop.process.acore?? about every 15 secs with vibrating.

I then backed up all my apps with TB and tried to odin back using the froyo eb13 tar file. when i got a fail notice in Odin and phone will no longer turn on or charge.
Any help would Please!! I need it for work
Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Phone was working great on froyo eb13 rooted with one click 2.5.

Downloaded the logprovider.apk on xda in order to remove sms from call log, installed and kept getting a force close andriop.process.acore?? about every 15 secs with vibrating.

I then backed up all my apps with TB and tried to odin back using the froyo eb13 tar file. when i got a fail notice in Odin and phone will no longer turn on or charge.
Any help would Please!! I need it for work
Thanks

First off welcome to Android central,,, try reinstalling the drivers, the pull out your battery , plug in your phone into one of the USB ports in the back of the computer and attemp to put it into download mode. then please report back

Reactions: epic0001

epic0001

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
First off welcome to Android central,,, try reinstalling the drivers, the pull out your battery , plug in your phone into one of the USB ports in the back of the computer and attemp to put it into download mode. then please report back

got it in download mode with the battery not in, but its plugged into the computer. Let me know whats next. Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
got it in download mode with the battery not in, but its plugged into the computer. Let me know whats next. Thanks

thats fine, its going to use the power from the USB port,,,ok now disable any antivirus

open odin, you should now see a com port lit in yellow in upperleft hand corner, you should now be able to use odin

Reactions: epic0001

DrRPDB

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Followed steps but stuck on digger mode!

Originally Posted by DrRPDB so after the update to froyo was pused on me i had problems. I tried a hard reset and still had problems with my motorola bluetooth for my car and answering the phone. so I tried the new flash/restore to froyo eb13 on this site...now I cant get pass the "firmware update start.." "Param.lfs"

when I try and restart the phone...nothing...take battery out and get the "phone - computer link question display". when i start in "digger mode" (on w/ 1 pressed) and I try the processs with odin3 and all.. I am still stuck at "firmware update start.." "Param.lfs"

PLEASE HELP

Reply on other forum
Don't panic! Try the following suggestions and if you have any more problems questions please move over to the following section and we will get you on the right track. The section I highlighted in BOLD, I recommend to try this has seemed to help many threw troubles with Odin.

Troubleshooting
If you're having problems getting Odin to recognize your phone, try uninstalling the Samsung drivers you downloaded from the link above, and download and install this driver (select "Software" at the bottom; it should say "Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1.0)") instead.

If Odin does recognize your phone but is failing during installation of the system files, you may have a bad download. Try downloading the files again.

If your phone turns off and does not respond at all, remove and replace the battery to get it working again.

If you can't get your phone into download mode or Odin to recognize the device, then try removing your battery and plug your phone in and boot into download mode/connect to Odin WITHOUT your battery in the phone. (Credit: Android Central's own DroidXcon)

Another troubleshoot is removing your sd card can sometimes make a difference.

Follow up in the section below with anymore questions. Thanks and good luck!

My reply
My problem is not making progress in the install process past "firmware update start.." "Param.lfs"

I have tried another download...

please help..thanks

Here is my most recent hang...cant get past this

<ID:0/013> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
<ID:0/013> File analysis..
<ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/013> Initialzation..
<ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by DrRPDB so after the update to froyo was pused on me i had problems. I tried a hard reset and still had problems with my motorola bluetooth for my car and answering the phone. so I tried the new flash/restore to froyo eb13 on this site...now I cant get pass the "firmware update start.." "Param.lfs"

when I try and restart the phone...nothing...take battery out and get the "phone - computer link question display". when i start in "digger mode" (on w/ 1 pressed) and I try the processs with odin3 and all.. I am still stuck at "firmware update start.." "Param.lfs"

PLEASE HELP

Reply on other forum
Don't panic! Try the following suggestions and if you have any more problems questions please move over to the following section and we will get you on the right track. The section I highlighted in BOLD, I recommend to try this has seemed to help many threw troubles with Odin.

Troubleshooting
If you're having problems getting Odin to recognize your phone, try uninstalling the Samsung drivers you downloaded from the link above, and download and install this driver (select "Software" at the bottom; it should say "Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1.0)") instead.

If Odin does recognize your phone but is failing during installation of the system files, you may have a bad download. Try downloading the files again.

If your phone turns off and does not respond at all, remove and replace the battery to get it working again.

If you can't get your phone into download mode or Odin to recognize the device, then try removing your battery and plug your phone in and boot into download mode/connect to Odin WITHOUT your battery in the phone. (Credit: Android Central's own DroidXcon)

Another troubleshoot is removing your sd card can sometimes make a difference.

Follow up in the section below with anymore questions. Thanks and good luck!

My reply
My problem is not making progress in the install process past "firmware update start.." "Param.lfs"

I have tried another download...

please help..thanks

Here is my most recent hang...cant get past this

<ID:0/013> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
<ID:0/013> File analysis..
<ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/013> Initialzation..
<ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..

Has this been resolved?