[Kernel] Genocide 1.2GHz Froyo DK28/EB13 RFS/EXT4

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Source: [KERNEL][GPL]Genocide 1.2GhzOC EB13 Kernel v0.3a (DK28 Compatible) - 2/26/2011 - xda-developers

Creator
Rodderik, Team Viper

Features
1.2GHz overclock
1Ghz 25mV undervolt
EB13 & DK28 Compatible
EXT4 & RFS Compatible
video lag & camera force close fix
Pandora works again!

Change Log
Set defaults speeds to 200MHz min and 1000MHz max (NOW REQUIRES SETCPU TO OVERCLOCK)
Compiled in video lag & camera force close fix by mkasick on xda-developers
Fixed issue with Firmware version in About Phone (FIXES PANDORA)
Set initramfs root UID/GID
Compiled and added cifs.ko to initramfs
*Removed cifs from kernel

Files
Free SetCPU alternative: search "OverclockWidget (Need Root)" in the Market

Instructions
Download kernel zip file, place on your SD card, and flash via Clockwork
Setting speed to 1GHz = undervolt, but no overclock (better battery)
Setting speed to 1.2 GHz = overclock, but no undervolt (more speed)

Last edited:

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Rag,
Again.. MANY thanks :) I was going to ask if it was compatible with TER but then I saw it was you who posted it, and figured it'd be a safe bet. thanks again!

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if this works with Midnight? I'm on 3.3 and tried to flash this... seems to install fine via Clockwork 3 but when I reboot and go to about phone, under kernel, it still says 2.6.32.9 where I assume it should say genocide... any ideas? Should I flash again? Is it not compatible for some odd reason? Thx

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if this works with Midnight? I'm on 3.3 and tried to flash this... seems to install fine via Clockwork 3 but when I reboot and go to about phone, under kernel, it still says 2.6.32.9 where I assume it should say genocide... any ideas? Should I flash again? Is it not compatible for some odd reason? Thx

Its working... They didn't update the build.prop file changing the kernel version.

Install the setCPU or the OverClock Widget and if you can set your processor speed past 1000 to 1.2 then your in business.

Reactions: a_c_s