[Index] Froyo EB13 ROM's, Kernels, Themes, & Other Mods [Updated 3/22]

sstea

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Help, Can't get to EB13 because of 1 click root

I have spent hours trying to load the stock rooted version of EB13. I have used Odin to go back to DI18 but the one click root does not work. I have spent 3 hours trying it. I have the Samsung drivers. Proper cable. All files loaded. I keep getting a message that the phone is not connected but this is not the case....

Anys suggestions?

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have spent hours trying to load the stock rooted version of EB13. I have used Odin to go back to DI18 but the one click root does not work. I have spent 3 hours trying it. I have the Samsung drivers. Proper cable. All files loaded. I keep getting a message that the phone is not connected but this is not the case....

Anys suggestions?

might seem stupid, but a desktop restart might help

ulslope#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Anys suggestions?

I have always had some type of issue with windows 7, so I switched to XP. Not had any problem with any of our three Epic's since the change. Might be something to try.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Anys suggestions?

This is not a joke, and while it seems ridiculous, it seriously is an issue:

Use a USB port on the back of your computer (out from the motherboard) and NOT from the front ports. Worked for me.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
did you boot it into download mode?? (i know.. its prb a stupid question.. but sometimes we get so caught up in what we're doing that we forget to do the basic stuff) and is usb debugging mode enabled on your phone??

r0ckrat

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Having trouble getting the car dock fix to load under CMW3.0.0.6/EXT4. The issue was with the scripting type used. Anyone else have an issue, or was able to get it to load/work?

EDIT: Nevermind - first link was to an older file... *doh!*

Last edited:

jrohrig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding when you download a new rom you need to wipe data 3x wipe cache 3x and wipe delvic cache 3x, but where it is unclear to me is what to wipe and if you wipe anything for kernals, themes and mods. Can you explain this or possibly post it in the 3rd, 4th and 5th post for simplicity sake? If this has already been outlined then just disregard.... Thanks!

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding when you download a new rom you need to wipe data 3x wipe cache 3x and wipe delvic cache 3x, but where it is unclear to me is what to wipe and if you wipe anything for kernals, themes and mods. Can you explain this or possibly post it in the 3rd, 4th and 5th post for simplicity sake? If this has already been outlined then just disregard.... Thanks!

If you are flashing a rom do a factory reset/wipe x3, then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache x3(in clockwork). For themes/kernals/mods you do not need to wipe unless stated in the installation directions.

Reactions: jrohrig

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Sorry this wasn't made clearer. Yes they are correct.. No wipe is required when flashing kernels, themes and mods only ROMs.

Also I have something talking about this posted here in my [FAQ] Q & A on Rooting/ROMs/Methods
See below

- Do I need to perform a wipe before flashing themes/add ons/apps? No unless otherwise stated.
Its alright, never hurts to ask..

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey Paul your a great guy thank you for all your hard work...

I have a question for ya though... I am running a stock EB13 its just rooted with clockwork 2.5 i have not moved over to ext yet because of the bluetooth bug..

My question is... If i am rooted with clock work am i DEODEXED and if not how do i deodex my rom? i dont want a custom rom at this time just want to change my lock screen...

Thanks in advanced for your help...

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if anyone has posted this yet. But after I flashed Emotionless Beast theme, if I missed a call my phone would reboot. It rebooted on some other things to, i just couldnt figure out what they were. Only one i confirmed was the missed call reboot.

eozdalga

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Couple questions:

1) Is there a place or thread that compares or rates the ROMs? I'm guessing right now there's so much updating going on it's still too early.

2) If I download a DK28 or EB13 based ROM that does not have the Samsung or Sprint apps can I use the programs say from the first TER post to install?

As always, many thanks for your support!

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Couple questions:

1) Is there a place or thread that compares or rates the ROMs? I'm guessing right now there's so much updating going on it's still too early.

2) If I download a DK28 or EB13 based ROM that does not have the Samsung or Sprint apps can I use the programs say from the first TER post to install?

Pretty sure as long as its CWM 3.x
ive been using the same zip files

Reactions: eozdalga

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
hey paul just thought i would let you know that ACS has released their EB13 rom over at xda along with a kernel too. check out what they had to say about carrier IQ you may find it very interesting

Reactions: Paul627g

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Couple questions:

2. You can just place .apk's on your sdcard and install them from there on the phone, don't need to go through CWM to flash. Just need to make sure they are compatible cause some .apk's cause issues with diff ROMs.

@cheburashka, that claim to battery life seems high, but all the reports so far have been a lot better than stock EB13 life. People with extended batteries will probably surpass this mark though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad