to Flash or not to Flash from DK28 to EB13. DK28 vs EB13 Pros vs cons.

spectator52

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
File system EXT4 and no TER, is my guess why most will hold off on EB13

I updated to EB13 and rooted (stock rom). I miss TER. I hate stock rom. If you haven't made the change...don't. Everything was better on Dk28 and specifically TER. One noticeable thing is battery life is worse for me on EB13. Thinking about going back to DK28 so I can have TER.

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
people who comment about battery life, make sure you recalibrate ur batterys! Best battery for me was when i was using baked snaked 1.6 on 2.1 eclair. The battery would last me 2-3 days sometimes. Ultimate kernel was the shiz. I really wonder where Hero_Over went.. that guy makes the best kernels lol

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
people who comment about battery life, make sure you recalibrate ur batterys! Best battery for me was when i was using baked snaked 1.6 on 2.1 eclair. The battery would last me 2-3 days sometimes. Ultimate kernel was the shiz. I really wonder where Hero_Over went.. that guy makes the best kernels lol

Recalibrate your battery? Your kidding right.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok please do explain how this is done. I have never heard of "calibrating a battery"

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ok.. so here is the idea... Everytime you flash or change your rom. Recalibrate your battery. Basically android talks to the battery to figure how measure battery life. This action, resets it and remonitors your battery for more accurate reading and so it doesn't overcharge.

Calibrate Battery thread - This is how you do it! - xda-developers

That link is for the battery

Samsung Epic 4G Cookbook - Your Guide To Everything - 02/23/2011 - xda-developers

This second link give you everything there is about the epic in terms of kernels, roms, most of the real important stuff is there. I personally like it better then the wiki or any other post. It's clear and concise. It's like the epic 4g bible :p

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the first way, the second way.

Draining your battery is good.. but not always. From what i heard from people who work with batteries is that they have chips inside so that they dont overheat and it is closely monitored. If you drain it all the way to where you can't turn it on, it reset that chip.. supposly makes ur battery longer. I think it's true and it has worked in my experience.

Anyhow, i haven't tried the second step, but i think either one works. Second one is much faster then the first

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 Epics, one stock, one rooted and switch between TER and Midnight.

The stock has had no problems, battery about the same, but the phone stats in Spare Parts is running more efficiently. My husband is not a power user, just like the cool big screen I had and what comes stock, so he can't tell a difference in daily use.

Me, I see no reason to upgrade, my phone is perfect, still running more efficiently that his on battery.

My question is what does geneocide kernel do, I had assumed it was EB13 but see its not. Will this increase any efficiencies or just allow overclocking?

In other words, I don't feel like being experimental and rocking my boat!!

Reactions: Addie_Goodvibes

svx

Jun 7, 2010
www.isv-knights.org
I have 2 Epics, one stock, one rooted and switch between TER and Midnight.

The stock has had no problems, battery about the same, but the phone stats in Spare Parts is running more efficiently. My husband is not a power user, just like the cool big screen I had and what comes stock, so he can't tell a difference in daily use.

Me, I see no reason to upgrade, my phone is perfect, still running more efficiently that his on battery.

My question is what does geneocide kernel do, I had assumed it was EB13 but see its not. Will this increase any efficiencies or just allow overclocking?

In other words, I don't feel like being experimental and rocking my boat!!

Agreed. I finally have my Epic running the way I want it with TER 1.5 and Mini Theme 1.8. I don't want to install this and blow the whole thing up.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I am sticking with DK28, I am glad i didn't Flash the EB13, seems like it has its own set of problems, lack of good ROMS.

No thanks I like DK28

svx

Jun 7, 2010
www.isv-knights.org
Well, I went with EB13 last night and flashed to TER 1.5. So far so good. A few FC's every now and then. Still testing though. Bluetooth and GPS will be my deal breaker if they fail to live up to DK28.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have resisted the urge to update to EB13 because TER 1.5 is running so well. The only issue I really have with DK28/TER is an occasional network connection problem and that is pretty infrequent. On the other hand, I would like better battery life and BT voice dialing.

So, now that EB13 has been out for a couple of weeks does anyone have further thoughts about switching from DK28?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12